Author Topic: Pinball Centre low noise kit.  (Read 5400 times)

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
Pinball Centre low noise kit.
« on: May 08, 2016, 06:55:56 PM »
Low noise kit from PINBALL CENTRE is remarkable.

Basically it is a padding of what appears to be a thin, high grade silicone composite that it is pre cut to fit between plungers and coils stops, end of plungers and where the sling arms hit the play field underneath. Due to copyright ( I guess? ) I won't give all instructions. Just a sample.  
Put it in WNBJM as it is extremely noisy machine, due to the air gaps around it's unique cabinet and it is just AWESOME the difference it makes to say the least. You do lose a smidgen of power, but on a SPIKE system you can bump up power to the coils a bit anyway.
Pinball Centre didn't a recommend a glue to use, so I just cleaned with isopropyl and stuck down with UHU supaglue. Lets hope it lasts.
You will not believe your ears when you hear the noise dampening of the mechanical clunking.
Will try in another machine, even an EM and suss it out.

Happy mothers day to all the Mums.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 07:00:37 PM by oldskool1969 »
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
Re: Pinball Centre low noise kit.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 09:07:12 AM »
An ol mate played it the other day and said after the kit fitted it had a Bally/Williams feel. Interesting feedback.

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 08:32:17 PM »
Few more games getting the treatment and I LIKE IT! no real sign of wear and tear on the games already fitted to either.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 08:55:47 AM »

Interesting concept. I wonder if I would like it - I do like all the mechanical sounds from games.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 02:32:33 PM »
I bought it mainly for the newer Sterns as they very, very clunky and noisy. WNBJM in particular.
Havent put them on any other manufacturers as they haven't needed it.
I agree the sounds of pinnies are awesome, but the newer games mechanical sounds drown out the sound effects.
That is how I feel any hoo. I should have done a pre and post fitting video for others references. Nigh and day.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 06:16:41 PM »

Just played Elvis and compared it to the pin next to it here (Judge Dredd) - you are right, Stern does seem to make more mechanical noise.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”