Author Topic: The Netherworld - a barcade  (Read 6013 times)

Offline Top Card

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
The Netherworld - a barcade
« on: February 06, 2017, 10:09:06 PM »
I just heard about this place today. An old pub in Fortitude Valley (Brisbane) has a makeover and emerged as The Netherworld (http://www.netherworldarcade.com/). They have 15 pinnies, 25 video games and a bunch of various console and board games. The vids and pinnies are a $1 a game or a token and the consoles and board games are free. I plan to go and check it out this weekend.

Anyone been there ?
Top Card

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: The Netherworld - a barcade
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 11:10:17 PM »
Yeh Cow Corner has been and had a session.. I was there just before it opened for work. Definitely a great line up in there not seen since the arcade hey days.
Great to see this in Brisbane.. my next visit to the  Valley will have me dropping a few coins for sure..

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 08:24:33 AM »
Someone get some pics!! Love to see so many in the wild.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 11:30:04 PM »
Yeh Cow Corner has been and had a session.. I was there just before it opened for work. Definitely a great line up in there not seen since the arcade hey days.
Great to see this in Brisbane.. my next visit to the  Valley will have me dropping a few coins for sure..

Yep, I have been there.
Went with the missus and the kids on opening week-end and it's pretty cool.
It was busy when we were there and hot as hell as the air con wasn't working but we had some fun.
Beers are cold, lots of boutique craft beers if your into that sort of thing and the games are good, although some of the pins I played were not leveled and had some playability issues. I haven't tried the food.
The pinball lineup would have to change up often to get me coming back on a regular basis but it looks like it's a hit with the valley hipster crowd. Pretty funny to see the bartenders drinking while they work too, the place has a very relaxed atmosphere which is refreshing.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Top Card

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 12:08:11 AM »
This is the list of machines they have at the moment, according to their web site

Batman '66
Funhouse
Ghostbusters
Magic
Magic Castle
Metallica
Tron
Space Invaders
Tales From The Crypt
The Addams Family
The Dark Knight
The Twilight Zone
Tommy
Trident
Whirlwind

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 12:13:00 AM »
I was asked if I wanted to put one of my machines in there.. considering locating a  67 WMS APOLLO for a bit