Author Topic: Need a rod manufactured - anyone do this for me please  (Read 6248 times)

Offline iplay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Need a rod manufactured - anyone do this for me please
« on: April 18, 2017, 12:04:05 PM »
Hi guys,

Have a mate with a Pachinko that needs one of the connecting rods re made.

He said its to small and rather than look to cut up the original plastic?? Want's to know if anyone here could help?

Maybe a 3D printed rod would work? Can anyone do that here??

We have the rod can be supplied if needed. Would look at probably 3-4 different sizes to ensure we got the right one.

PM me if you can help or know of someone that may be able to. Located in Melbourne.

Offline iplay

• Forum Posts:
Anyone?

Offline ralph67

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
    • ralph1967@optusnet.com.au
Do you have a drawing or picture of what you need?
That would help. Im sure a local fitters shop would help
use the Attachments  add  photo .

One-Ball!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Is this the one for Jarrod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline iplay

• Forum Posts:
Is this the one for Jarrod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, yeah it is! You know him?? just trying to help him out so he shuts up about the damn thing...lol

PS: Sorry for the slow reply.....I couldn't post or reply in here for ages for some reason?? Kept coming up with an error message of some sort!

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Jarrod contacted me via facebook and then went silent.

It looks to be 250 - 300mm long and he wanted the rods in polished brass. It is too large for 3d printing and would be super expensive = $200 or more each in polished brass.

My recommendation would be to get a hollow aluminum tube maybe from a hobby shop and tap a thread or epoxy some small pieces of thread bar and then fit a tie rod ends on each end in which you adjust the length and lock into place with some nuts.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
a affordable way is to get a pack of 3mm threaded Traxxas remote control car tie rod ends, some carbon fibre arrow blanks from an archery shop and some 3mm thread bar or allen headed thread rods (with no head) and epoxy the parts together - lucky to be $20 for 3-4 rods at different lengths.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xremote+control+car+tie+rod+ends.TRS0&_nkw=remote+control+car+tie+rod+ends&_sacat=0

these type of rods are made commonly for delta 3d printers, I have a bunch but all at a fixed length (tube cut at 180mm) otherwise I could of helped.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline iplay

• Forum Posts:
Thanks I'll pass on this info...and give him a nudge to reply to you Swinks....he can get kinda lost sometimes, even with me, and go silent for ages...lol!