Author Topic: Well guys - here it is!  (Read 21701 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Well guys - here it is!
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 04:26:00 PM »
Great work Guys that looks bloody awsome get some well earned rest and enjoy the Expo.
  I seen Michael Shaloub on the kerry anne show today and it finally hit me what im missing  !!!

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 07:32:04 PM »
Awesome job!!! what a pinball, some very lucky pinheads are in for a real treat at the expo

The attention to detail on this project is just awesome, well done to all those who worked on this cool project
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 11:58:17 PM »
Excellant  @@* @@* @@*
pinballaustralia.com

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 12:13:41 AM »
Well done guys ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

So when is the production run going to start? and how many will be made 2,3, or 4 thousand? :lol :lol :lol
LOL.
just kidding guys. <.>
one can only dream.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline nickavitch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong Vic
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 12:55:49 PM »
Wow, one would never imagine some decals to make such a difference to a game, hell guys, this is now, well and truely a PINBALL MACHINE! It's really hard for anyone to contemplate the enormity (& completion) of this project, so congratulations & have a great time in Sydney!

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 09:30:46 AM »
This game was amazing 'in the flesh' so to speak. The game was played ALL DAY and never missed a beat.

One of the highlights of the day for sure, really was a standout for the Aussie Pinball stall  #*#

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 09:56:18 AM »
I enjoyed a game, and was impressed. The game flows nice, just a shame we couldnt hear it (that hall was so noisy). I am the awesome player that managed to get a ball under the ramp, and you had to tilt the PF forward to get it out.
 #*#

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009, 10:00:47 AM »
Just reiterating what other members have posted, this game was awesome, was played basically all day and did not miss a beat. A real credit to Christian and Nick. Looking forward to seeing the next instalment.

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 10:42:20 AM »
Well done to all involved in the CI venture . Just goes to show what can be achieved . Certainly got plenty of heads turning .

Offline spacies

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 07:36:40 PM »
Wooohoooo!

Looks real nice! Glad to hear it is getting good reviews and that it had no downtime at the expo. Just goes to show it has been really thought out properly.

Congrats guys and I look forward to seeing it in the flesh myself someday soon.

:D

Offline PinWiz

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009, 12:27:16 AM »
Wow. That is all there is to say. Took you so long but turned out so well. Did you ever finish up the software end?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2009, 12:53:35 AM »
Wow. That is all there is to say. Took you so long but turned out so well. Did you ever finish up the software end?

The game software used for Expo was a simplified version, omitting multiball and some of the modes (and also a ball save which would have been handdy for some of the less skilled players - whoops) to ensure reliability. The basic operating system is done, and game rules are just a matter of writing what is wanted (most of which is done already). Nug has a much more complete version with a few bugs to sort, but there's half a dozen modes and a wizard mode (see here - http://www.users.on.net/~spaners/Coconut%20Island/rules.html ).

DMD style display will be added in due course too. Game No. 2 (I'm going to call it NPC 002 from now on) will be DMD style from the outset, with perhaps even a colour display rather than mimicking DMD style.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Chuck

• Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2009, 10:07:35 AM »
Awesome accomplishment. I'm sad that the big-boobed polynesian isnt on the backglass anymore :(

Offline PinWiz

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 12:26:41 AM »

The game software used for Expo was a simplified version, omitting multiball and some of the modes (and also a ball save which would have been handdy for some of the less skilled players - whoops) to ensure reliability. The basic operating system is done, and game rules are just a matter of writing what is wanted (most of which is done already). Nug has a much more complete version with a few bugs to sort, but there's half a dozen modes and a wizard mode (see here - http://www.users.on.net/~spaners/Coconut%20Island/rules.html ).

DMD style display will be added in due course too. Game No. 2 (I'm going to call it NPC 002 from now on) will be DMD style from the outset, with perhaps even a colour display rather than mimicking DMD style.
Great to hear. i never played the game (I'm not eve non the right continent ;) ) but this project has been so wonderfully written and such. Great work.

Offline blue95

• Forum Posts:
  • Hunter Valley
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2009, 11:55:41 PM »
That looks awesome, I'm amazed at some of the things I've found on here.