Author Topic: This "Could" be my new games room!  (Read 2918 times)

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
Re: This "Could" be my new games room!
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 03:28:07 PM »
Good call Rod!! The biggest purchase of your life has to be the surest. Its a buyers market so something great will turn up soon   ^^^

Offline Rod71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2009, 03:46:49 PM »
Thanks guys!

Yeah it's a shame. Really did love the house and all it's features. But with the high voltage lines out the back it was like. Hmmm "What if"

What if some time down the track they DO make some connection with health problems/cancer etc. It would mean we've been living there and exposed to it, and obviously the value of the property would drop to $0.

Also, could you imagine living there for a few years and God forbid one of us came down with some terminal illness. What is the obvious thing to blame?, and you'd think to yourself. Shit, we made the wrong decision!.

Anyway. Below is a youtube video which pretty much sums it up. At the end of the day i was asking myself. Why would i purposely move and live next to something like that.

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2009, 04:01:17 PM »
High tension powerlines bugger!!, in this current market buyers have a greater selection of real estate to choose from, don't be in any hurry keep searching...
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2009, 11:35:15 PM »
Have tried the fluoro under high voltage power lines and it does light up. As you said, the trouble is if they ever do find a link between HV power lines and health problems then your property is pretty much worthless.