Author Topic: Thunderbirds - Homepin  (Read 37811 times)

Offline pinballheaven

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Thunderbirds - Homepin
« on: May 26, 2018, 01:27:41 PM »
Is it just me or do others find extremely concerning that Homepin are putting up posts weekly on their FB page about all the work they are only now doing for Thunderbirds? I laugh everytime a new post comes up with a couple of pics of a machine or 2 and all the electronic parts, boards etc that they are only making or getting now?
As I recall the game was to be released in 2015. I know there have been a few excuses and reasons why there is a delay but what has been happening over all these years? Please don't mention the hankin uprights etc as we all know they were a failure and money grab.
I just laugh everytime a new post comes up  $$(

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Thunderbirds - Homepin
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 01:29:39 PM »
What is you question?

Offline pinballheaven

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 01:33:14 PM »
You obviously don't find it concerning so you answered my question! *%*

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 01:41:39 PM »
what is your point?

I am a fully prepaid TAG buyer, I am not happy it has taken almost 5 years to get this far

Offline onetaste

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 03:12:10 PM »
I am not a prepaid buyer. First game out of the gate is always tough. When you plan to build every part yourself you make it three times as hard. I really hope Mike is successful. It will be great for pinball to get quality cheap pinballs out of China. And another part supplier.

My guess is Mike’s main focus is the parts business. My worry is the lack of priority to art and design. He hasn’t hired anyone world class in those departments. That is why I am waiting to see finished product before I make my final call.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 05:02:34 PM »
yes it would take along time to reverse engineer parts especially nearly all the parts but I never understood why he at least didn't get a working proto-type running 4-5 years with off the shelf parts and make what ever custom parts he needed to finish 1-10 games and de-bug the game, finish and fine tune the programming and art 3-4 years ago instead of doing that now
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 05:12:58 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 05:09:40 PM »
interesting tid bit - Homepin launched this game as a thread on AP back in 7:58am of 8-7-13.
so when you add:
5 years,4 months,3 weeks,2 days,1 hour,it gives you 8.58am 1st Dec 2018, wonder if he will make that ......
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 05:11:43 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 08:11:57 PM »
what is your point?

I am a fully prepaid TAG buyer, I am not happy it has taken almost 5 years to get this far

I think Pinballheaven's point is that the game is said to be in full production, but recent Homepin FaceBook posts show some parts just coming into the factory.

...Now that the game is coming into production, it's growing on me as I'm taking a closer look at it.  I wish it had a colour display (regardless of resolution).

Any chance Pop Bumper Pete that you will have this on location?  Ballarat could do with pinball on location.  There are many options in the city centre and would also work well at the pub in Clunes.  (I'm from Melbourne, but pass through Ballarat a few times a year).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 08:13:39 PM by Brunswick Brawler »

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 08:35:07 PM »
do i need the extra hassle of being an operator? no
would i put one in my shop? no, pinball and bakeries are not a good mix

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 10:20:16 AM »
Is it just me or do others find extremely concerning that Homepin are putting up posts weekly on their FB page about all the work they are only now doing for Thunderbirds? I laugh everytime a new post comes up with a couple of pics of a machine or 2 and all the electronic parts, boards etc that they are only making or getting now?
As I recall the game was to be released in 2015. I know there have been a few excuses and reasons why there is a delay but what has been happening over all these years? Please don't mention the hankin uprights etc as we all know they were a failure and money grab.
I just laugh everytime a new post comes up  $$(

Thanks for reminding me. Out of the 16 sold, only ONE has been suitable for sale. Every machine has had to be unboxed, and issues rectified before passing on to the buyer. I have no horse in this race, but APR was, for a very short time, the so called "Victorian Distributor", and thus invested in the arcade machines. By a long way, the worst decision in my professional career. THANKFULLY, I could see through the fog and deception and cut ties immediately.

I can appreciate the MASSIVE amount of dedication and hard work to build a factory from scratch. Then building not one pinball, but a number of games. But I think building the arcade games while waiting for License approvals was a huge mistake. That time should have been spent building mechanisms, assemblies, winding coils etc etc..
To answer the OP's question - Facebook business accounts are self moderated. Business can control content.
I hope that everyone who has ordered their game, receives their game and that Hompin is successful in their endeavours.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 07:54:04 PM »
do i need the extra hassle of being an operator? no
would i put one in my shop? no, pinball and bakeries are not a good mix

Whenever I'm 'out and about' for work, including Ballarat, I always make a point of having lunch at 'the local bakery'.  If your bakery is near the train station, I will steal a pinball machine from your home and install it in your bakery!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 08:01:20 PM by Brunswick Brawler »

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2018, 03:46:17 PM »
had to share as HOMEPIN is now famous as he gets a mention in Hitler videos, watch till the end

https://www.captiongenerator.com/1006612/Hitler-discusses-empty-spot-in-his-pinball-line-up
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline iplay

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2018, 04:35:41 PM »
This Homepin guy is a joke! Hope everyone cancels their pre-order, gets money back and he crawls back under his rock!!

IDIOT, and worst of all an Australian giving Australian's a bad name!

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2018, 09:07:05 PM »
it is a shame some people are just realising now but at least people are seeing his ways and people getting a voice
the sad thing for the pre-order guys is that he is refusing to refund them even though he is way over is delivery date by almost 3 years

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2018, 09:20:28 PM »
it is a shame some people are just realising now but at least people are seeing his ways and people getting a voice
the sad thing for the pre-order guys is that he is refusing to refund them even though he is way over is delivery date by almost 3 years

Once you are in Business for yourself, brand protection is the most important asset your business can have. Once it is tainted through bad business practices, you are forever judged. I learnt my lesson well. I hope all pre orders are fulfilled, and the new owners are happy with their machines. Sometimes the anger at waiting for the game can be drowned in the enjoyment it gives once it is home !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia