Author Topic: Lifes changes....  (Read 3138 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Lifes changes....
« on: October 18, 2008, 01:36:59 AM »
Sold my house, went unconditional today....

Negotiating (read that as "looks pleasant on the outside but under it all is some really bitter fighting") my exit from my firm...

In a little while I'll be homeless and have no job....

I am slightly inebriated....well actuallyn really pished.....

I have also never been happier... gonna try and sneak in and kiss one four year old and one five year old little girl, then one very beautiful and understanding lady will get a cuddle while I fall asleep thinking of the new dawn...
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
Re: Lifes changes....
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 03:46:13 AM »
There is nothing worse than being tied to people you can't stand by a business relationship. I fully understand. Best wishes to you. You will definitely come out on top.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 07:19:50 AM »
That is bad news Nick, I hope it all works out for you mate  *%*
Any light at the end of this dark tunnel for you?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 08:29:58 AM »
There is nothing worse than being tied to people you can't stand by a business relationship.

You said it Chuck!

That is bad news Nick, I hope it all works out for you mate  *%*
Any light at the end of this dark tunnel for you?

Actually it’s all good news. So many possibilities will be available, just need to clear the head and find them!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 08:32:40 AM »
Good luck Nick. I'm sure you'll work your way through it. Look at it as a new beginning. Change is good!

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 10:16:26 AM »
My wife resigned from her long term job after putting up with 13 years of BS.
She now starts later,gets home earlier, works less days and brings home more $. All that aside, she is happier and we dont talk about her bitch of a boss anymore. All things happen for a reason.......go with the flow mate and all will work out in the end.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 10:58:20 AM by silverball »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 10:52:47 AM »

Nick - The bright side is that it is only "a job".

As long as you have a family to go home to - that is all that matters.

As one door closes, another one opens. As Dave said - I had a similar issue as Michelle, and I'm much happier now.

Family is more important than anything else..Sounds like you a in fact  - "lucky".. %$%
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 11:18:06 AM »
I feel for you mate, is a tough situation to be in.

Have been through the same myself.

HATED the guy i worked for, but strung it out to 10 years of service and quit. Took a very meagre payout and set up on my own. Then my wife kicked me out. Seeing as i was running my business from home, this REALLY sucked.
BUT... I started again with nothing,

My business is still going and better than ever, i rent my own 3 bed house and a shop, buy too many pinballs and have never been happier. Im still fighting the ex ( bag of wasps), but thats normal.

Looking back - it was a forced turning point that HAD to happen and was by far the best thing that happened to me.

I wish you all the best mate. It will come good for you, but being human, we like definates to turn to and without these we tend to panic ( LOL - read self employed!!!)

As stated before - go with the flow and youll be OK.

Good luck mate..

Gavin

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 12:26:07 PM »
Nick... as a person who has quit his job and started his own business from nothing, I hear what you say (and you too Gavin).

I'll admit that I was never happy working for someone else, although I've had many good times in the various amusement companies I've worked for over the years, nothing beats the satisfaction of doing it for yourself... but it can be really tough sometimes!

I do hope that all goes well for you, as I'm sure it will. Like the other guy's have said, sometimes you need to make the change, no matter how bad of hard it seems at the time... it will pay off in the end.

stuba

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 08:27:38 PM »
all the best nick. don't always see eye to eye with you on the pinball front!but these things have a way of working out. i took a similar change of direction leaving the 'firm' 6 years ago and have never looked back. heaps better off physically, emotionally and financially. you seem to know what the priorities are so you'll be fine. ^^^

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 08:41:21 PM »
Thanks guys for the kind words. It really is all good though. I don't know what will come, but bits and pieces have started falling into place...ended up finding three places for sale today which suit perfectly - after 18 months of looking and finding just one! (You can guess that a games room might be high on the agenda  :D). Then again, with no strings, maybe I'll just move the lot up North - Stuba, you got any spare rooms?

stuba

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 09:15:14 PM »
lol ! was gonna suggest you immigrate but didn't want to offend you (i seem to have a knack for that!). i'm a victorian but haven't ever looked back since making the move. i love melbourne (don't tell anyone i said that) but i love brisbane more. heaps of room here buddy and huge growth so hard to miss hey gav! You're welcome to move in, I have 4 kids (same sort of ages), you'll have to park in the north wing, but thats where the pins are so you can't miss. can you fix a TZ cpu board?  %$%

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 09:19:35 PM »
You're welcome to move in, I have 4 kids (same sort of ages), you'll have to park in the north wing, but thats where the pins are so you can't miss.

Cool! Be over soon!

can you fix a TZ cpu board?  %$%

Will bring the soldering iron too then!  Cheap rent! Love it!  #*#

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 10:30:15 PM »
Oh yeh - plenty of growth here, place is buzzing, weathers great, im here, Stuba's here, pinball museum will be here.

So whats stopping you???

Actually know of a great 3 bed QLDer round the back of Logan Rd ( stuba will know the road) shops are close man close

Bricked in underneath ( immediate games room - what you think mine is?) on 600m2 block

Price???? $365K.

And your only 10 mins away from CBD..

See ya soon

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 11:34:31 PM »
Now that my brother is living in Brisbane, I'm starting to think about moving there myself... He keeps calling me up just to give me a weather report! :lol

But I don't know if I should move there... I have a lot of customers here in Melbourne already, so I'd have to start again... and with Gavin and Stu already there, would there be room for me??  %$%