Author Topic: Black Rose Ball Eject Problem  (Read 187 times)

Offline oz390gta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Black Rose Ball Eject Problem
« on: May 30, 2009, 05:35:27 PM »
This is my first post to the forum (been lurking for a while) so please excuse any newbie mistakes. I have a Black Rose that started having a problem every now and then with the ball eject from the Broadside hole. Every now and then the ball would not eject, the solenoid would not fire or the machine did not know to fire it. The machine would go into meltdown and would start ejecting everything (obviously looking for the "missing ball" that was stuck in the hole). It has finally failed completely and now it gets stuck every time. To complicate things the entrance to the Broadside hole has a little gate that hangs from the top and complicates even getting the ball out. I found a coathanger and a lot of patients gets the ball out but the game is unplayable.

Where do I start diagnosing the problem? I have a bit of technical know how as I use to be a computer technician in the old days of computers, Apple ]['s etc, but have never applied it to a pinball machine. I also have a Firepower which I get serviced professionally but want to have a go at this problem myself before calling in the cavalry.

Any tips would be appreciated.

CraigB

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Black Rose Ball Eject Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 05:58:41 PM »
Id start by doing a switch test and seeing if you get a reading when you activate it by hand it may just need an adjustment?

How about you do an intorduction post to tell us abit about yourself?

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 06:06:25 PM »
Yeah i figured a switch problem too. However, if the ball search routine fails to eject the ball. there's an issue with the coil.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 06:18:31 PM »
Start with the switch but I agree with Rod71: my guess is there is a problem with the coil, which could be simple or not.

Do you know how to get into the test menu? Usually it is a matter of opening the coin door with the machine on and pressing the correct button.