Author Topic: Sound issue with my Getaway  (Read 2957 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Sound issue with my Getaway
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2009, 05:22:46 PM »
Ok, firstly a very  big thank you to everyone for the help. You have all taught me a lot over the last two weeks and if I have annoyed anyone with my stupid questions and ignorance I am sorry. 
    Supercharger issue: Marty your batting average just jumped to 1/2. It was fuse f103. Replaced and the supercharger is flying. The little tweak to the sensors that I did yesterday have made it a lot better.
     Sound issue: I have played a few games so far and it has been fine. a fellow new recruit to aussie pinball and friend is coming over tonight for a bash on getaway and guitar hero metalica (great game for anyone interested) so we will have a decent sessio tonight. If there is a sound problem still it will reveal itself tonight.
     Huge thanks to the boys at Childs for your help also on how quickly they have acted on my requests and after a dubious start they have certainly kept their word on their back up service. Massive congratulations on a job well done so far.
     Finally, thanks again Nino for the offer to help. Obviously you are mor than welcome to pop in anytime for a game, coffee, beer or just to chill looking admiring flying V's and watching kiss DVD's.
     I even managed to replace my apron the other day. Picked up a decent one on EBAY FOR $20 which was in way better condition to mine. My lockdown bar is on the way also. Next mission is to change the side rails which I might have to recruit Nino for.(Just name your price).

#*#

Great stuff.  Did you check the ROM version as well?  There is a BIG difference playing between P-C and L-2 or L-5.

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2009, 06:38:12 PM »
Next mission is to change the side rails which I might have to recruit Nino for.(Just name your price).

Ok, I am acting on behalf of Nino Pinball Management Inc.  You ask us to name our price for side rail replacement.  Today is your luck day as Nino Inc is running a special for you of $5,000.00.  Just pay me and I will be sure to pass it on less my fees.  !*!

P.S Good to hear it is all fixed  #*#
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2009, 07:43:08 PM »
Ok, firstly a very  big thank you to everyone for the help. You have all taught me a lot over the last two weeks and if I have annoyed anyone with my stupid questions and ignorance I am sorry. 
    Supercharger issue: Marty your batting average just jumped to 1/2. It was fuse f103. Replaced and the supercharger is flying. The little tweak to the sensors that I did yesterday have made it a lot better.
     Sound issue: I have played a few games so far and it has been fine. a fellow new recruit to aussie pinball and friend is coming over tonight for a bash on getaway and guitar hero metalica (great game for anyone interested) so we will have a decent sessio tonight. If there is a sound problem still it will reveal itself tonight.
     Huge thanks to the boys at Childs for your help also on how quickly they have acted on my requests and after a dubious start they have certainly kept their word on their back up service. Massive congratulations on a job well done so far.
     Finally, thanks again Nino for the offer to help. Obviously you are mor than welcome to pop in anytime for a game, coffee, beer or just to chill looking admiring flying V's and watching kiss DVD's.
     I even managed to replace my apron the other day. Picked up a decent one on EBAY FOR $20 which was in way better condition to mine. My lockdown bar is on the way also. Next mission is to change the side rails which I might have to recruit Nino for.(Just name your price).

Good news mate ! I'll still pop around for game or two, and now that you have your first machine behind you - I'll happily watch your collection grow !

PSP sells everything you will need - Novus 2, Balls, Rubbers, globes - If you like - I can make a list for you. I think that they will have the siderails to suit your machine, and I can help you install them - and whatever mods you need !

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »
Next mission is to change the side rails which I might have to recruit Nino for.(Just name your price).

Ok, I am acting on behalf of Nino Pinball Management Inc.  You ask us to name our price for side rail replacement.  Today is your luck day as Nino Inc is running a special for you of $5,000.00.  Just pay me and I will be sure to pass it on less my fees.  !*!

P.S Good to hear it is all fixed  #*#

<.>

Sounds like a Nigerian scam to me  %.% %.%
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2009, 08:01:58 PM »

Good news mate ! I'll still pop around for game or two, and now that you have your first machine behind you - I'll happily watch your collection grow !

PSP sells everything you will need - Novus 2, Balls, Rubbers, globes - If you like - I can make a list for you. I think that they will have the siderails to suit your machine, and I can help you install them - and whatever mods you need !

Last time I checked Mark had the side rails to suit.  Not to many mods out there for the Getaway.  I've seen people bolt actual traffic lights onto the side of the head box.  A little OTT for my tastes.  What about some nice #555 LEDS (red, yellow, green) for the traffic light?

Offline infinite1977

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
  • Roger 504 apprehend him
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2009, 11:25:21 AM »
Thanks for warning me about the Nigerian scam, I was getting my $5,000 ready.

In all seriousness, side rails then I will slowly entertain getting the decals redone, that is whats going to scare me after seeing what Marty went through on his and all the work involved.

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2009, 12:07:14 PM »
Thanks for warning me about the Nigerian scam, I was getting my $5,000 ready.

In all seriousness, side rails then I will slowly entertain getting the decals redone, that is whats going to scare me after seeing what Marty went through on his and all the work involved.

I read PinballGods thread with his TOM decals and he made it look easy.

Knowing me, I did it the very hard way.

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2009, 03:01:18 PM »
Mark, you should create a "Getaway Rubber Kit" on PSP for idiots, lol I mean novice's like myself.

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2009, 04:07:59 PM »
Mark, you should create a "Getaway Rubber Kit" on PSP for idiots, lol I mean novice's like myself.

will do when i get back   should be around $25.00 

mark

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2009, 08:09:34 PM »
Thanks mate.

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2009, 04:25:46 PM »
Saw the Getaway rubber kit on your site Mark. Thanks for that. I will make a purchase soon. Going through and making a wish and must have list:)

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2009, 10:13:03 PM »
Boards look to be clean.

Pretty sure that loose connection is for the knocker.

Hey out of curiosity, when does this cable get plugged in?
Does that mean I have a knocker already?

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2009, 12:45:39 PM »
Boards look to be clean.

Knocker assembly should be up in the top left hand side of the backbox.

Are you getting the 'crack' of the knocker with a free game or match?  It was disconnected on many machines..

Take a photo of it if you're unsure.  Generally there is a two pin molex connector and two wires going to the knocker.

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2009, 01:22:37 PM »
Boards look to be clean.

Are you getting the 'crack' of the knocker with a free game or match?  It was disconnected on many machines..

Take a photo of it if you're unsure.  Generally there is a two pin molex connector and two wires going to the knocker.

It seems that a lot of European sold machines have the knocker disconnected or sometimes removed. So it may be there, or not. The only way to find out is to look for it - you are looking for a coil and plunger.

But if the wires are already there you may be in luck. It's always worth hooking up the knocker as nothing beats the sound of that triple knock when you beat the high score.

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2009, 02:06:01 PM »
Boards look to be clean.

It seems that a lot of European sold machines have the knocker disconnected or sometimes removed. So it may be there, or not. The only way to find out is to look for it - you are looking for a coil and plunger.

But if the wires are already there you may be in luck. It's always worth hooking up the knocker as nothing beats the sound of that triple knock when you beat the high score.

Yeah Andrew's 100% right.  With my Euro machines all have been there.  I'll take a photo of mine if you're unsure.