Author Topic: Would you pay more for a game you played in your youth?  (Read 2952 times)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Would you pay more for a game you played in your youth?
« on: February 22, 2019, 11:21:00 AM »
Would you pay more for a game if you knew it was the game you played back in the day?

i know i have two wedgeheads that have never left Ballarat, both were bought from the local operator back in 1982
i also have a Bally SS that has Creswick graffittied on the backbox
if there was sonething uniquely identifiable aboutt a game, graffiti , wrong plastic, and you then knew it was 'your' game, would it be worth a few extra dollars?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Most definitely and without question. If I can get them cheaper well  #@#

One of my ambitions is to collect some of the games that I remember playing when I was a child. These were games my Father operated, and I have the exact games from NIB - Spirit of 76, Sky Jump, KISS and Paragon to name a few. I remember playing Williams "Winner", and I have that title now (thanks Oscar). I have Whirlibird (Helicopter EM game) and I have that game (thanks Dave) and - to make it sweeter - it is the game my father owned in the 70's. I don't remember the "Miss Annabelle" woodrail, but I do remember that Dad had one as well as several other woodrails that ended up in rural Victoria. I now have that very game (thanks Chris).

Years ago, I had the opportunity to buy several machines from overseas - Nip It, Fireball, Captain Fantastic, Honey, Smart Set - all games from my childhood.

My intention is to create a Museum of some of the games Dad operated, that I remember from my childhood. I have already found at least a dozen - and I WOULD pay a premium for Hayburners, Hayburners II, Olympic Hockey, Zodiac, Pit Stop, Rocket Ship, Showboat and Super Score. All EMS, but I would love to track down a Stern Big Game.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
My KISS (Bally) is the very same one i used to play in the amusement centre in Laurieton back in the day, so it was a pretty cool moment when i bought it!! Sold two guitars (US Fender strat and a tele for the musos here!) to raise the money to get it, and it was a MESS when i got it! It was fully restored and has pride of place in my loungeroom, and if i ever sell all my pins it will be the LAST TO GO!! (i used to tell people i'll be buried with it LOL).

I also have several others that were the very same ones from back in the day; Stingray, Solar Ride, Buck Rogers, Hot Hand and (i think) Cosmic Princess. Got most of those cheap though.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 09:44:48 AM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
There was a time when hearing that someone sold a tele and stat for anything other than feeding their kids would have made me do a double take...but pinball, the hunger is insatiable!!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
I should probably not mention I have a hayburners2   that came from country victoria Nino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
And I don’t have any games from my youth but I do love finding local games that people in the area would have played

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
I should probably not mention I have a hayburners2   that came from country victoria Nino

Could be from Dad's old operating days. If you ever decide to move it on, I'd be happy to buy it from you. Very cool game. The Hayburners (one) ended up with a collector in Box Hill. I don't know if he still has it. The Rocket Ship is in a very well kept collection in St Kilda. I think Gavin found Dad's Miss America (1950's version) in Queensland. I'd still love a Miss America, but they are the Holy Grail Bally Bingos.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
Oh yes.

I'm looking at restoring an old Gottlieb 1973 Pro-Football.  Not because the game is great, far from it, but because I have had this machine since I was about 15 years old.  Me and my friends played it to death in our teens, literally till I didn't know how to fix it anymore.  During the early 80s it was a big deal to have a pinball machine at home.  (My parents got if for free).

I'm happy to restore it knowing it will never sell for what I spend on it.