Author Topic: Cursed's First Tassie Meet  (Read 2040 times)

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Cursed's First Tassie Meet
« on: September 11, 2022, 07:42:51 PM »
Moyra and I have made the move to Tasmania and we have decided on a date for our first open Tassie meet. We are fully aware that most of you may not be able to make it, but we wanted to extend the invite in case the timing may work out for some. Any Tassie members on here feel free to reach out and contact me if you would like to come.

When
Saturday 3rd December 2022 from 6pm to stumps.

Where
We are located about 25 minutes drive from Launceston. Details will be sent out a week before the event.

Food and Drinks
BBQ, Snacks, Soft drink and games will be provided, please bring your own alcohol.

Where to stay overnight?
We have space on our property if you wanted to bring a caravan or pitch a tent, there is some accommodation nearby but not much. I am unsure of availability, one of which is only a kilometre from our home. Contact me if you wanted to know which one.

Pinballs to play
Dialed In LE
Iron Maiden LE
Game of Thrones Premium
AC/DC Luci
Tron
Batman Dark Knight
Cactus Canyon
The Shadow
Roadshow
Black Hole
Xenon
Cleopatra
Centigrade 37
Solar City
Revenge from Mars

Arcades to play
Scud Race twin driver
Cyber Cycles single unit
Shooting cab with either Virtua Cop 2 or House of the Dead
PS4 Pro and maybe more consoles if I find more screens by then
Resident Evil Pachislo machine
Digital Jukebox
Zultan Fortune Teller
Also hopefully a Namco Noir with an Arcade SD board and a novelty ball shooting game thing…

Who is welcome?
All are welcome, please just contact me if we have not met before. Partners are also welcome.

Yes, yes but where can I get my grog?
There is a Duncan’s close to us, but it only carries the bare basics. I would suggest stocking up at Dan Murphy’s in Launceston if you can.

Cursed's house rules

•   This goes without saying but please be respectful to our home, games and guests.

•   I want to ask if you say you will attend, please do show up. We will be buying snags, hamburgers and drink based on numbers.

•   If you see something wrong on any of my games let me know straight away, please don’t just keep playing.

•   No slide or death saves on my machines. If you do, you will be asked to leave!

•   If you start a game, finish it.

•   When you finish a game on a machine, please look behind you to see if anyone is waiting to play it after you. If not, feel free to play again.

Please post in this thread or PM me if you wish to attend.

Feel free to ask any questions or discuss any suggestions for the day.

Think that’s it for now.  () Hope to see you all again and have an amazing meet!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Cursed's First Tassie Meet
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 10:35:01 PM »
Holy shit dude Tassie has been good to you by the looks of your collection it’s grown very nicely.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 06:39:55 PM »
Holy shit dude Tassie has been good to you by the looks of your collection it’s grown very nicely.   

Haha, cheers mate.

Yeah added 5 since moving here, need to start learning more about how to fix them now... %.%

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 08:27:13 PM »
We moved to Tassie from Yarraville 4 1/2 years ago and I made the hard decision to get rid of all my machines before the move.
Loving Tassie but really missing pinball. How are you enjoying Tassie did you get to TasPin a few weeks back?

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2022, 06:45:50 PM »
We moved to Tassie from Yarraville 4 1/2 years ago and I made the hard decision to get rid of all my machines before the move.
Loving Tassie but really missing pinball. How are you enjoying Tassie did you get to TasPin a few weeks back?

Hey mate, we are loving Tassie.

Been here just over a year now as we rented before finding a place to call home. Moyra and I had talked about moving here for over a decade as we spent many holidays here, we finally made the move and it was the best decision we could have made.

I must admit the pins and arcades were always going to come with us as we knew they would be hard to replace, it obviously cost us more but boy was it worth it as replacing them once here would be difficult indeed.

We got to Tazpin, we went to the Saturday morning session. Great event and we were going to contribute our Batman Dark Knight but we had no way to get it there, maybe next year.

Let me know if you would like to come to the meet.

Cheers,
Michael

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2022, 03:06:46 PM »
Damn - This was the meet I looked forward to every year.. I hope you all have a blast with the machines and the company.  @@*
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2022, 06:24:24 PM »
Damn - This was the meet I looked forward to every year.. I hope you all have a blast with the machines and the company.  @@*

Thanks Nino, loved having our meets in Vic. Hoping to get the same happening over here with a bit of luck.

Our Tron will miss you... <..>