Author Topic: Weekend Pickups  (Read 491 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Weekend Pickups
« on: June 29, 2009, 07:48:56 PM »
Great weekend... picked up 2 pins.
 Now im meant to be scaling back cos im moving... er.... next weekend it seems ( oh crap!)
Ive been selling a few pins of late.. even sold my beloved first ever pinball, Segasa Travel Time.
Anyway, the cash from this sale funded the purchase of 2 more.. i only have 1 rule with this hobby - IT HAS TO BE SELF FUNDED.. well.. after the initial $Gulp that is - LOL!!

Heres the 1973 Gtb HIGH HAND - its an export model, transformer has 240v tap and BG isnt glass, its plexi. This game was made for export in 73.
 Game is in great condition, its been taken off site and cleaned up for home use at some point as all coin mechs are missing and game is set for free play

PF is in great condition, has contact applied and im happy about this as there is wear to the centre and the contact has prevented this from further deterioration

Hows this for a mod?? The oddest things become the best things sometimes. This kind of thing irritates me, but at the same time im glad it was done cos the ball arch and text at the top of the PF have been protected

It peels off real easy, looks crap, but maybe it was the ducks nuts back in 77 or something?.
Even round the bumper

Heres the only wear to the PF, ill touch it up and CC the pf, while im at it, may as well do a full restore on her

Backglass is real good

Tiny bit of flaking on LHS.. this will be restored

Game is a keeper.. for now anyway - ive never been a great fan of 70's Gtb games, they are a bit "floaty"to me, i prefer Wms.. heres 2 games which are made 6 years apart. The one on the left with its 2" flippers and Wms tag( the supposed "lame "things in pinball) is a much better and faster game. The Gtb game has its charm is is a VERY NICE game, but the one next to it bloody rocks!

And so we have game #2... yet again a '73 model.. this time Wms GULF STREAM.
Once again VERY tidy and get this.. game has only just come off location. To play this would have cost you $1... now im guessing that thr owners had this pin pay for itself over and over again!

Once again, game will be fully restored and then sold through my shop front

The ONLY wear on the PF

2 VERY good quality machines just sitting around waiting to be bought. The Gulf Stream was off Ebay.. could have been anyones, i took a gamble on this cos of the lack of pictures, but she has paid off.

Like i said... was a GREAT weekend!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Weekend Pickups
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 07:50:55 PM »
Great stuff Gavin, wouldn't mind scoring like that on the weekend!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 07:54:59 PM »
Great stuff Gav!!!! maybe i can get a trace of the gulfstream for my crappy sides and front  #@#

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 08:05:22 PM »
Great stuff Gav!!!! maybe i can get a trace of the gulfstream for my crappy sides and front  #@#

Ill make some stencils for you

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 08:13:26 PM »

Ill make some stencils for you

PM sent  ^^^

Offline shamus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • wollongong
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 10:10:16 PM »
hey gav,wots with the woodgrain vinyle,is it a victorian thing or somthing outta the 70s just like flares  %.% my hh had the exact same thing !!! !@#

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 10:20:39 PM »
Love the High Hand  %$%

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 10:25:30 PM »
hey gav,wots with the woodgrain vinyle,is it a victorian thing or somthing outta the 70s just like flares  %.% my hh had the exact same thing !!! !@#

It did??
 My bet is that it is one operator who thought it a brilliant idea way back in the 70's. I have no doubt whatsoever that the op also had this stuff in his house too. But you know what??? It worked a treat at preserving the artwork plus it comes off really easily. Id rather this to Mylar any day...  that stuff just tears off artwork

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 10:25:47 PM »
Good deals Gav...

Half the fun of collecting pins is the chase
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline jyebow

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland, NSW
  • GTB Pioneer, Bally Hi-Lo Ace, WMS Space Shuttle,
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 10:41:09 PM »

Yeah Gav, My 1973 Hi-Lo Ace had the same woodgrain contact around the ball arch too, peeled off easy & there was no wear to the ball arch. #*# glad it was there.
GTB Pioneer, Bally Hi-Lo Ace, WMS Space Shuttle, Data East Lethal Weapon 3

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 10:41:44 PM »
Nice pickups Gavin !  Well done.. #*#
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline shamus

• Forum Posts:
  • wollongong
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 11:06:25 PM »
guys!!perhaps micheal jackson should have thought about the woodgrain vinyle as a better presevation method,would have $AVED HEAPS %.%

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 11:39:34 PM »

HH is particularly nice mate - well done !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinballowner

• Forum Posts:
  • Qld south of Brisbane
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 11:12:09 PM »
My Soccer has that stuff around the bumpers as well.

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 01:53:24 PM »
Wonder what Gordon Morison (R.I.P.) had in him when he painted that backglass, you can't tell me he did that straight!

Nice pickups there mate - Gulfstream backglass looks like one of the better ones kicking about.

The only issue with HH is the damn targets don't reset once they are all hit like on games like Volley.....so once the targets are down there is jack sh*t to shoot for....still really, really cool game and for what you payed for it you did well.

As you pointed out Apollo is a far better game to play