Author Topic: Sandro's Games Room  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Romano

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Whyalla; South Australia
Sandro's Games Room
« on: July 12, 2009, 10:47:31 PM »
Greetings Everyone,

firstly, can I sincerely thank everyone who has made me feel so welcome having been here only such a short time. Your response to helping me withmy original post has been fabulous. A little history on the gamesroom before you look at the pictures, I have had my collection at a friend's house for around 3 years, in storage. We built a new house a couple of years ago, and the idea was to include a gameroom. Circumstances did not permit me to factor this in a the timeof building house, but six months ago that changed. I had this gamesroom built with a connecting entertainment area with outdoor kitchen (pizza oven going up soon  $#$), between it and the house. Incorporated into the gamesroom is a purpose built workshop for doing all my restoration in. Its a little bit messy and a few cosmetiic things need doing to both the gamesroom and workshop, but from the pictures, the idea is there. Thought it would be wise to have a toilet out here as well  :lol. I have three main benches in the workshop. one for doing the artwork (the one with the sound system on it at the moment; can't restore without music  %.%). A second for all things electronic and a third for doing playfield rebuilds (currently restoring playfield art on a Bally BOWL-O, clearcoating and stuff) and repairs. At the moment, it has the entire wiring loom from the above mentioned BOWL-O, it is being cleaned up.
I have included a shot of the machines in the collection waiting to be assembled. They are all on their backs at teh moment. Lastly, I have included a shot of my nine year old son's workbench. I give him jobs to do. The philosophy is rather simple; teach them young, and pinballl lives another generation. He's a great little man and I love having him out there with me.
My other loves include Soccer, and being Italian, I have a signwriter in the wings waiting to do a little project for me. Basically, I'm dividing the gameroom ceiling up and having seperate "football pitches" painted with shirts corresponding to the players and positions they played in the 4 world cups that Italy won; 1934; 1938; 1982; 2006.

On with the pictures (split across 2 posts; workshop first, then collection), hope you enjoy:

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Sandro's Games Room
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 11:00:55 PM »

Thats A LOT more organised than my work area !

Great to see you involving your son, my son is 5 years old and can name all my pins, and most DMDs !

Thanks for sharing.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

pinballist

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 01:54:34 AM »
Ooh, I like that pedestal grinder/buffer combo!

Offline Replicas

• Forum Posts:
  • North West England
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 05:22:47 AM »
Nice clean work area (un-like mine)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 09:04:55 AM »
Don't know how some guys can keep their work areas so neat. I start out neat, spread through the garage, then inside, then finish and spend a week cleaning everything up and getting it neat before the "spread" starts again. Always fun finding the tools that went missing during each project! :)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Replicas

• Forum Posts:
  • North West England
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 09:52:37 AM »
There's one thing wrong with this work area I can't see any tools hanging about, not one nut driver or screw driver in sight ?
 How is the area that you live in? just thought I would ask with the crimestoppers number close at hand  %.%

Offline Romano

• Forum Posts:
  • Whyalla; South Australia
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 11:08:41 AM »
You guys all crack me up!  %.%

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 03:44:06 PM »
Definately well set up ive decided (Not sure if the wife will agree) But when i empty the games room into the shed ill setup a workbench in the existing games room so i stop using the pool table and other pinballs as workbenches lol