Author Topic: Stern AC/DC proposal  (Read 564 times)

Offline elkor-alish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
Re: Stern AC/DC proposal
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 02:43:06 AM »
Why would Stern want to bother making an ACDC pin?
50% of Sterns market is in USA... hed be more inclined to make a Carpenters pin.

If you want a pin to feature some old Aussie rock group that peaked over 20 years ago ( i saw them at Donnington in 81 after Bon had died) then you would be better off sending emails to your pinball manufacturer right here in Australia.. youd have more chance due to its limited market.

Just send your deposits in......

AC DC are a lot more popular in the US, than I think you realise.
A lot of yanks luv 'em.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 10:10:06 AM »
You lot take your ageing rock bands too seriously, they had their day... time to move on boys... aint the late 70's anymore and ACDC are just some old crumbles with guitars now.
Actually in true ACDC fashion and the Marshall stack... IF Stern ever decided to make this old themed pin then they may well make sure that 90% of the cabinet is empty and just for show - LOL!!!

BTW - my flame suit is still on    %.% %.%

I'm not a hardcore AC/DC fan, in fact, I don't listen to their albums. I'm old school, and I can't listen to the "top 40" BS of today. But these old fellas just sold out their Australian Tour and from most reports, broke a few records in the process. I can't think of any band that would be more suited to a Pinball in their honor.. I can't see a Robbie Williams, or Pussycat Dolls pin (another Playboy !).

I think an AC/DC pin would work a lot better than we think. But AC/DC are a band not recognized for their marketing - their music does the talking.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 10:23:08 AM »
Hate to say this, but the rock and train has well and truely left the station on this idea. ACDC's new album has been out for ages. By the time a ACDC pin could be developed the energy and excitement for their lastest album will have died. Will they make another album...... maybe, but maybe not.

The new Pin needed to debut at the same time as Black Ice's release, and be out there for when the guys are touring. An ACDC album release is the music industry equivalent of a Harry Potter movie release. I cant think of a better pinball theme! I would sell all my machines just to own a new ACDC pin.
The timing would just suck now, its opportunity missed.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 01:53:02 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if we see a Wacko Jacko machine at some stage.  I reckon the Jackson family would be all for it and would take any amount of $$$ in licensing they could to cash in on his death and pay some bills.
Addicted to pins.

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 03:43:41 PM »
whats that other Aussie band that is massive in the USA...??
Oh yeah ..

Air Supply...

Nah I dont think that would work...an AC/DC pin would be cool..
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

pinballist

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 04:12:47 PM »
I reckon they'd have a better chance doing a Meatloaf pinball :D

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 04:14:54 PM »

AC DC are a lot more popular in the US, than I think you realise.
A lot of yanks luv 'em.

They are huge in europe too, maybe a good way for stern to re-enter the european market again in a big way 

Offline Ric

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 04:16:18 PM »
LRB were pretty huge too in their time but I doubt the Glen Shorrock drop target bank would inpsire new pin fans (although maybe they would?)

ACDC is a good idea however it doesn't lend itself to a "pin" per se. As Nino said, they have never been a huge band for gimmicks and marketing other just throwing themselves on the road and ripping it up. You would have to create toys and gimmicks that could end up being pretty naff

If you had to make a new pin with a music theme, I would go for a modern KISS pin - Paul and Gene always want money, you have every gimmick under the sun, from the ALIVE bonus multiplier to the psycho Circus,Star Child ramps etc etc - The art would be awesome, the music cool and the sales guaranteed