Author Topic: Perth Amusement Auction  (Read 915 times)

Offline RatBag

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
Perth Amusement Auction
« on: July 21, 2009, 09:30:53 PM »
Looks like its our turn for an Auction
23rd of August at the Claremont Showgrounds
http://www.amusementauction.iinet.net.au/

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Perth Amusement Auction
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 09:42:44 PM »
Good luck to any of the WA guys thinking of having a bid   ^^^

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 11:40:20 PM »
Dave Miller is still kicking about - will be interested to see what is for auction once he gets the list up

Offline chris288

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 11:56:41 PM »
This has been a long while coming.

There used to be  2 of these auctions a year for a few years there, but its been probably 2 years since the last one.

Apparently a lack of pins in Perth has been the problem.

I think they put that previous auction on the same day as the Red Bull Air Race and wondered why no one turned up. but also some of the reserve prices were quite high, cant remember any real bargains though last time.

If it actually happens  I will definately be there and will be happy to post up results later on that night, and maybe do a reccy on the Saturday and advise what machines are on offer and a rough description of each, so if anyone is seriously interested they can put in a phone bid.

Looking forward to it.

Offline daics3522

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 12:07:18 AM »
I will be there too and will happily be official AP photographer for the day...........
1up Promotions provide all your promotional items... from keyrings to banners to stubby coolers etc, etc..... Anything you need just PM.... (website coming soon)

Offline RatBag

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 12:51:45 AM »
This has been a long while coming.

There used to be  2 of these auctions a year for a few years there, but its been probably 2 years since the last one.

Apparently a lack of pins in Perth has been the problem.

I think they put that previous auction on the same day as the Red Bull Air Race and wondered why no one turned up. but also some of the reserve prices were quite high, cant remember any real bargains though last time.

If it actually happens  I will definately be there and will be happy to post up results later on that night, and maybe do a reccy on the Saturday and advise what machines are on offer and a rough description of each, so if anyone is seriously interested they can put in a phone bid.

Looking forward to it.
I dont think it was a lack of pins Chris more like they want to much money for anybody to add there machines to the auction,at $100 a machine plus 10% of sale value the reserve price needs to be high just to make it worth while,at this stage we wont be offering any up

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 09:03:35 AM »
might sent them my playmatic,but they might sent me a bill. :lol :lol :lol
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline chillie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 09:51:28 AM »
Craig,
I save you the trouble for a carton of my choice I will deliver your machines to the rubbish tip as that would be equal to what will be at the auction.

If you have junk to sell Dave is your man, always worth a look as some interesting stuff does pop up from time to time

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 09:53:06 AM »
I will be there too and will happily be official AP photographer for the day...........
Thanks daics, look forward to the pics.  ^^^

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 12:55:25 PM »
Craig,
I save you the trouble for a carton of my choice I will deliver your machines to the rubbish tip as that would be equal to what will be at the auction.

If you have junk to sell Dave is your man, always worth a look as some interesting stuff does pop up from time to time

Thanks for the ofter Chris,it would look good in your collection #@#

You never no Dave could get me top dollar for it. :lol :lol

The only problem is that i cant sell it to someone i know or nos me or have any idea about pinball.Nealy sold it last week but the guy new someone that new me and he got a surprise when i said sorry cant and wont sell to you.He didn't no much about pinball and i don't think it would be fair to sell it to him at any price.

One day it will happen(when I'm dead i think)
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline chillie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 02:16:13 PM »
Daves auction is perfect I can see the headline "Rare European pinballs to be auctioned, don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity"

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 11:21:51 PM »
He's had some good stuff, just not much of it.
Maxwiz picked up his Funhouse from one of Millers auctions and that's a pretty nice pin. Granted, he spent a bit of time to get it that way but still.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 11:30:25 AM »
Daves auction is perfect I can see the headline "Rare European pinballs to be auctioned, don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity"
%.%Yes Chillie, quite droll if not a little scathing? Remember Dave's excellent Zimbabwian pre-loved machines?
Someone was wont to say " the difference between one of these and a bag of shit . . . . . was the bag".
Let's see what turns up apart from 50 cocktail units of dubious merit.
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline narf

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 06:13:21 PM »
ill come up for a gander it has to be cheaper than gibos place or i aint bidding

plus if the perthies dont want it i know something is up  *)*

Offline daics3522

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 06:21:44 PM »
Hey narf,
I can meet you somewhere if you bring the trailer.... You are welcome to crash at my place if you wanna stay overnight......
1up Promotions provide all your promotional items... from keyrings to banners to stubby coolers etc, etc..... Anything you need just PM.... (website coming soon)