Author Topic: Sunday Pinball Questionaire - 34 - v8racefan  (Read 4077 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Sunday Pinball Questionaire - 34 - v8racefan
« on: July 25, 2009, 10:16:04 PM »

1. Earliest pinball memory?
2. All time favorite pin? Why?
3. Favorite pinball manufacture?
4. Favorite game in your collection? Why?
5. How long have you been collecting?
6. First game and how did you find it?
7. Do you still have it?
8. What are you currently working on?
9. Most wanted game to add to your collection?
10. Best all time bargain game added to your collection?
11. Worst ever miss – tell us about the one that got away!
12. Worst ever purchase – tell us about the game you wished you never bought
13. Describe your collection
14. Describe your gamesroom
15. Do you have other games other than pinball?
16. Where can you see the hobby in 10 years?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: Sunday Pinball Questionaire - 34 - v8racefan
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 09:28:06 PM »

1. Earliest pinball memory? Playing pinball at my local spacie parlour in Invercargill, NZ, this great era of pinball 1980's to 1990's. Can't remember the exact titles.

2. All time favorite pin? Why? Easy 1994 Data East Guns N Roses pin, love the band, and the pinball is just bloody awesome!

3. Favorite pinball manufacture? Bally/Williams, great artwork, very well designed, and extremly well made, as stated in my opinion the best era of pinball.

4. Favorite game in your collection? Why? Bally Corvette, I've been around classics cars all my life, this pinball just ticks all the boxes for me, its offically licensed by GM/Chevrolet, a very cool pinball, searched a long time to find one, and ended up importing this pinball from Germany.

5. How long have you been collecting? 8 + years, I collect all things coin operated, have a few aracde vintage driving games, and a 1960's kiddie ride. My plan is to build a V8 Supercar themed bar/shed full with 7 - 8 pins, vintage drivers and other race car memorobilla that I also collect.

6. First game and how did you find it? 1970's Bally Miss America bingo machine, advertised locally by a collector, not working, and couldn't
ever get it going.

7. Do you still have it? No, re-sold on Ebay, went to Melbourne from memory.

8. What are you currently working on? My new baby a 2005 Stern Grand Prix, easy restore, will post pics later this week.

9. Most wanted game to add to your collection? A Bally Elvira and the party monsters pinball.

10. Best all time bargain game added to your collection? Gunners pinball bargin at $1,000 nzd five years ago

11. Worst ever miss – tell us about the one that got away! Nothing springs to mind

12. Worst ever purchase – tell us about the game you wished you never bought, A Playmatic Final Lap!!! good theme, poorly made

13. Describe your collection - 6 pins, 12+ vintage arcade machines, including a 1978 Space Invaders upright

14. Describe your gamesroom - work in progress, well probably be completed sometime next year??

15. Do you have other games other than pinball? Vintage arcade driving games, just love the artwork and general designs of the 1970's era of arcade machines. Sprint 2 is my favorite piece from this great era.

16. Where can you see the hobby in 10 years? Hopefully kicking along as strong as it is now, with the awesome parts/machine support we have currently. I have collected my machines for my kids, hoping that they will continue to share the coin-op passion that I have, if not I will enjoy this hobby for the rest of my days. The key to keeping this hobby alive over the next decade is keeping the hobby affordable, one thing I have noticed is that the coin-op machines from the 1950's to 1980's are now getting very difficult to find, as most collectors are holding onto these machines these days.

Long live PINBALL!!!
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 09:38:45 PM »
thanks for the read!! I can see why your user name is v8racefan  ^^^ And guns and roses.. i love the band too!! just dont love the price of those things  !!!

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 09:45:26 PM »
Nice read- thanx for sharing  ^^^
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 11:13:59 PM »

Great read  #*#

I have not given enough time to corvette. Next time, I'll give it more of a go. Bally Bingos are really hard to get going, so it would have been very ambitious if you DID get it going.

Thanks for sharing
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 08:58:53 AM »
Well done, another interesting read!

Corvette was at the AP meet and I was able to put a bit of time into it - unfortunately the ball did not stay in play quite long enough to explore too many features, but the car race is cool and playing those shots under pressure is harder than it looks. I definitely felt like it was worth further investigation.

pinballist

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 09:25:58 AM »
Good read! Thanks for sharing v8racefan  ^^^

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 11:41:29 AM »

Great read  #*#

I have not given enough time to corvette. Next time, I'll give it more of a go. Bally Bingos are really hard to get going, so it would have been very ambitious if you DID get it going.

Thanks for sharing

Thanks,

Sorry some of my answers seemed brief, I'd been on the piss for most of the afternoon at a kids birthday party, my good wife had to drive me home (((

I still managed to complete the questionaire, however I would have liked to answer the questions in more detail...
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 07:08:30 PM »
Great stuff  ^^^

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 07:49:55 PM »
Great Read ive always wanted to get a Bally Bingo just because everyone says there so hard to fix.  And a GNR for $1000 thats a crazy price well done

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 11:54:04 PM »

Great read  #*#

Thanks for sharing

Thanks,

Sorry some of my answers seemed brief, I'd been on the piss for most of the afternoon at a kids birthday party, my good wife had to drive me home (((

I still managed to complete the questionaire, however I would have liked to answer the questions in more detail...

You can go back and edit your answers if you want - no-one will mind. We just might have to edit our responses, though.

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 11:06:13 PM »
I'd been on the piss for most of the afternoon at a kids birthday party, my good wife had to drive me home

:lol :lol :lol

As you do  ^^^

Seriously you have done really well in answering those questions, I really enjoyed reading them!

Offline pinballnz

• Forum Posts:
  • New Zealand
    • Pinball NZ
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 08:30:27 AM »
Would you ever consider changing your Grand Prix to a Nascar - Dont know if its possible - translight and ROM?

pinballist

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 10:42:34 AM »
Thanks for the read V8Racefan.

I agree with you about the affordability of this hobby, it's definitely becoming a rich man's game.  It will be some years before I can justify dropping $4,000 on a good DMD player, for now I'll stick with EMs because their mechanical logic is easier to trouble shoot than their digital counterparts, besides it reminds of the days when I used to work on cars ;)

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 05:23:41 PM »
Would you ever consider changing your Grand Prix to a Nascar - Dont know if its possible - translight and ROM?

The gameplay is exactly the same, I have a full set of Dale Ernhart plastics now, I will probably keep my GP pin in its original state. Thanks for you comments.