Author Topic: v8racefan's latest addition... 2005/06 STERN Grand Prix  (Read 1705 times)

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
What a great looking pin!

Thanks for sharing pix and the story of your new toy Leon, you look mighty proud and so you should be!

Lots of colour - just like old school pins  ^^^

Offline indazone gav

• Forum Posts:
Congrats, great pin. I recently got to play a HUO Nascar and I loved it. Are the sounds and speach the same on GP?

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
What a great looking pin!

Thanks for sharing pix and the story of your new toy Leon, you look mighty proud and so you should be!

Lots of colour - just like old school pins  ^^^

Thanks Tony,

yes very proud pin owner, playfield is very bright & colourful
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Congrats, great pin. I recently got to play a HUO Nascar and I loved it. Are the sounds and speach the same on GP?

Thanks

Cool a HUO Nascar wow, I have never played a nascar but given the limited time they had to roll out GP, I believe the sounds are the same, I do know that the speach is different, as in Nascar they have famous drivers speach.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I had the pleasure of meeting Leon (V8racefan) tonight when he came over to my house and we got to have a few beers and bourbans and talk allnight about pinnies and arcade stuff and I certainly had a great time.What a top bloke Leon is and and I hope he enjoyed the night as much as I did.
I hope i didnt talk his ears off too much (sorry mate,just hypo by nature. lol. ) :lol
It just goes to show that being a member of this pinball forum/site pays off big time when u get to meet like minded people and make new friends n great contacts.  In the coming weeks, if Leon has any other mates or if any other Brisy (or anyone else) wants to organise a meet, I would only been too happy to organise something.
Cheers.
P.S - Leon did bring the camera so maybe he will get to upload some photos of some of the collection  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
hope to be having a beer or 2 with leon in november,hope my hi scores will stand up,might go open up the out lanes on all the pins  ^&(

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
I had the pleasure of meeting Leon (V8racefan) tonight when he came over to my house and we got to have a few beers and bourbans and talk allnight about pinnies and arcade stuff and I certainly had a great time.What a top bloke Leon is and and I hope he enjoyed the night as much as I did.
I hope i didnt talk his ears off too much (sorry mate,just hypo by nature. lol. ) :lol
It just goes to show that being a member of this pinball forum/site pays off big time when u get to meet like minded people and make new friends n great contacts.  In the coming weeks, if Leon has any other mates or if any other Brisy (or anyone else) wants to organise a meet, I would only been too happy to organise something.
Cheers.
P.S - Leon did bring the camera so maybe he will get to upload some photos of some of the collection  ^^^

Thanks Brett. #*#

Top night, thanks again for the invite, it was great to meet another local pinhead, I've just uploaded the photo's I took last night on the questionaire post.

I'm happy to help as well in organising a brisbane AP meet, it would be good to meet other Gold Coast/Brisbane AP members too.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
hope to be having a beer or 2 with leon in november,hope my hi scores will stand up,might go open up the out lanes on all the pins  ^&(

Yep can't wait to have a few nz beers in november and play & talk pinball, your high scores will probably stand mike, the more beer I drink the worse I get at playing pinball.. %.%