Author Topic: First New Post  (Read 2559 times)

Offline felixthadog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
First New Post
« on: November 05, 2008, 10:05:22 AM »
I use the 'Show unread posts since last visit' link to read all of the new posts on the forum, but I can't find a 'Go to first new post' button or link for each thread. There is a Last Post button but that takes me to the last post in the thread, not the first unread post in the thread. Is there a way of navigating to the first new unread post in a thread?  #$#

Also (but far less important), at the top of the page there is a 'Total time logged in:' section, I have been logged in to AP this morning for 1 hour but it shows up as 1 days, 3 hours and 14 minutes. What's that all about?  #$#

Matthew

stuba

Re: First New Post
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 10:25:52 AM »
+1
it would be good to get a list of all new posts since last log in....

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 12:23:33 PM »
I believe that's what the "Show unread posts since last visit." link is for at the top.

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 12:25:33 PM »
I use the 'Show unread posts since last visit' link to read all of the new posts on the forum, but I can't find a 'Go to first new post' button or link for each thread. There is a Last Post button but that takes me to the last post in the thread, not the first unread post in the thread. Is there a way of navigating to the first new unread post in a thread?  #$#

I'll look into this as soon as I get a chance.

Also (but far less important), at the top of the page there is a 'Total time logged in:' section, I have been logged in to AP this morning for 1 hour but it shows up as 1 days, 3 hours and 14 minutes. What's that all about?  #$#
That's probably because you auto-login each time, therefore never logging off.

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 12:51:24 PM »

That's probably because you auto-login each time, therefore never logging off.

I logout every day by clicking the LOGOUT button, and login by clicking the login link  #$#

Matthew

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 01:00:42 PM »
In that case, it just tells you the total time you've been logged onto the forum, not just the last session.

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 01:03:28 PM »
In that case, it just tells you the total time you've been logged onto the forum, not just the last session.

I know for sure that I have been logged on "in total" for more than 1 day, I log on in the morning at work and stay logged on until the end of the day, then I logout. It's not important, I was just interested to know what it meant.

Matthew

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 02:28:32 PM »
I think if you are inactive the timer must stop, because if you are logged on all day everyday you are at work, I dont notice you as an 'active members in the last 15 mins' very often.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 02:30:32 PM by ktm450 »

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 02:30:59 PM »
Like now for example, it has me, Mitch, and Creech

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 03:33:33 PM »
I think if you are inactive the timer must stop, because if you are logged on all day everyday you are at work, I dont notice you as an 'active members in the last 15 mins' very often.

Ah OK, that makes sense, my "Total time logged in" is actually my "Total time logged in & active"  *%*

Matthew

Offline Nug

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
  • NPC non-factory CEO
    • Coconut Island
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 06:54:29 PM »
which when you analyse...is a bunch of time we all spend   <.>
oh my mistake.. you are wrong !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 12:44:10 PM »
which when you analyse...is a bunch of time we all spend   <.>

Time well spent, Nuggy  *%*
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Nug

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
  • NPC non-factory CEO
    • Coconut Island
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 06:22:27 PM »
 *%*
oh my mistake.. you are wrong !

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 01:30:44 PM »

Have you had a chance to look at this Creech? I haven't been on the forum for a few days and there are 2 pages of New Posts to go through, it would definitely be easier to just go straight to the first unread post in each thread rather than having to scroll through each thread to find the unread posts.

Matthew

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 01:40:05 PM »

Have you had a chance to look at this Creech? I haven't been on the forum for a few days and there are 2 pages of New Posts to go through, it would definitely be easier to just go straight to the first unread post in each thread rather than having to scroll through each thread to find the unread posts.

Matthew

There is an issue with updating to the latest version of the forum software, Matthew. We are hoping the problem will be fixed with that update.

Again - Sorry for the inconvenience..

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia