Author Topic: PayPal  (Read 406 times)

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
PayPal
« on: August 09, 2009, 10:03:18 PM »
Recently bought some items from the USA (off eBay) which were payed for via PayPal to the total of around AUS$200.

Well parts have gone 'missing'....so without having to read all the BS on the PayPal web site - am I 'protected' and can ask for my money back?

Has anybody had to go throught this?

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: PayPal
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 10:10:18 PM »
Yes:-

What are the eligibility requirements for PayPal Buyer Protection?

You must meet all of these requirements:

• Use PayPal to purchase an eligible item on eBay.
  • Pay for the full amount of the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments – like a deposit followed by a final payment – are not eligible.
  • Send the payment to the seller through:
    The eBay "Pay Now" button, or
    the eBay invoice,
  • Open a Dispute within 45 days of the date you sent the payment – then follow the online dispute resolution process described below under Dispute Resolution.
  • Keep your PayPal account in good standing.

Offline AskJacob

• Forum Posts:
  • Normanhurst (Sydney)
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 10:12:27 PM »
have heard good and bad on this:

if you paid with your credit card via paypal, reverse the charges. If you dispute it with paypal, IF you get your money back, they will deduct a $25 "fee" for recovering the money.

Cheers
Jacob

Offline pinball-collector

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 10:34:06 PM »
Poo pal is good as you get paid straight away,,but very greedy,,

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 10:35:51 PM »
have heard good and bad on this:

if you paid with your credit card via paypal, reverse the charges. If you dispute it with paypal, IF you get your money back, they will deduct a $25 "fee" for recovering the money.
Cheers
Jacob

How does that work?

Yes I payed via Visa linked to PayPal - so if he has the money how can I reverse it?  !@#

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 10:38:16 PM »
paypal do a charge back, you should get your money unless he has proof of delivery

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 10:41:18 PM »
PAYPAL....dont get me started...
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 10:58:33 PM »
Don't even waste your time attempting to deal with PayPus....

Go straight to your credit card company and charge back through them. They willl claim the dosh back from PayPus and PayPus will take it back from the seller ALL without you having to jump through 200 hoops and waste extraordinary amounts of time with PayPus.

If you attempt to do the same thing via PayPus you will be screaming and tearing hair out sooner than you think.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 08:25:33 AM »

Go straight to your credit card company and charge back through them. They willl claim the dosh back from PayPus and PayPus will take it back from the seller ALL without you having to jump through 200 hoops and waste extraordinary amounts of time with PayPus.

If you attempt to do the same thing via PayPus you will be screaming and tearing hair out sooner than you think.

What conditions must be met for your credit card company to do this for you? Surely they must have "hoops" as well? How is Homepin coming along?

Offline AskJacob

• Forum Posts:
  • Normanhurst (Sydney)
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 10:09:28 AM »

What conditions must be met for your credit card company to do this for you? Surely they must have "hoops" as well? How is Homepin coming along?

"I paid for goods, but did not receive them" - what happens next is up to your CC company. Some will just record your conversation and need you to state what you did so far with regards to contacting the seller. Some may want you to fill in some paperwork.

Don't fill them in with Paypal junk - as they may want you to follow the Paypal dispute process first. If you do, it will be almost certain that the credit card company expiration for reversal will pass before Paypal get you your money (minus fees) back.

Just remember this: Paypal lost a lawsuit in the US years ago because they were representing themselves as a banking system. They most certainly are not - which sadly means all their promises of protection and happy fuzzy bunnies is not required by law to be upheld - they have contractual clauses that can be summed up as "if we don't fell we have to, we won't pay you back". If you have a banking issue - which this is, it is a charge to your CC for non-delivery, deal with your bank, and let them deal with paypal.

Paypal is a necessary evil unfortunately - until something more altruistic comes along. Auctionchex seems a good idea, but is so damn sloooow...

Cheers
Jacob

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 08:57:12 PM »
How visa works is that the seller gets the cash pronto but visa (c/card companies) clause states that the money can be reversed within a certain amount of days (90 I think). So put in  a dispute with visa not PPal
Still loving my Metallica Premium

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 09:42:16 PM »
Thanks for all the advice guys, I appreciate it.

Will visit the bank on Saturday morning - fingers crossed  *%*