Author Topic: T2 Mylar removal done and dusted in less than 2 hours  (Read 2185 times)

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Very nice result. I would say two things worked in favour of the mylar and glue coming off easily; probably the diamond-plate was most helpful, and then being a newer machine the glue hasn't had as much time on the playfield.

Offline SPURR

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Hey Rob in your photo's the picture of you removing the mylar that goes over the white drop targets Im sure is Factory fitted. Just wondering I removed this piece as well on my T2 so what do you think guy's,  should I put a new piece of mylar here as this is where the gun shooter shoots the ball at the targets or should I just wax it up?

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Looks great Rob  ^^^

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Great work Rob looks great as nino said it must be easier with the diamond plate a few ems ive done have taken days so 15 mins is really good

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Hey Rob in your photo's the picture of you removing the mylar that goes over the white drop targets Im sure is Factory fitted. Just wondering I removed this piece as well on my T2 so what do you think guy's,  should I put a new piece of mylar here as this is where the gun shooter shoots the ball at the targets or should I just wax it up?
I'm gonna wax and see. In this area I actually had two layers of Mylar. The rectangular piece and the main big sheet over that. So you do have a point about wear from the gun
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Thanks to everyone for the kind words

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Completed 3 coats of wax, and re-assembly of the playfield (mini shop of rubbers & GI globes, various touch ups) today. The playfield came up like glass and the game plays lightning fast. The playfield colours are richer and more vibrant. Couldn't resist showing one more photo.

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
You just need to deck the whole thing out with coloured LEDs from Greg (inc flashers) and it will be the coolest T2 in Melbourne...(not Brissy though,  hey Pete!)

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
You just need to deck the whole thing out with coloured LEDs from Greg (inc flashers) and it will be the coolest T2 in Melbourne...(not Brissy though,  hey Pete!)
Organizing this week in fact

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Organizing this week in fact

Very very cool.  It was the BEST mod I ever did to any pin and the results were outstanding.  I didn't get the full force of the LEDs until I put the flashers in but  @@*

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Didn't order any flashers but let me tell you, I hadn't shopped this machine ever and the flahers around the gun were chrome. When I replaced them, it's blinding with standard flahshers watching the gun do it's thing. BTW the game is super quick to the point where it's absolute chaos. Maybe I put a little too much wax??? T2 may be a definite keeper now. I was going to sell it to make room.

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
Looks good rob. ^^^

So you only wax it and didnt put another mylar on it or just around some areas of high wear.

Cheers
Craig
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Looks good rob. ^^^

So you only wax it and didnt put another mylar on it or just around some areas of high wear.

Cheers
Craig
No mylar at all, just wax. I'll check a close look out whether it'll need it. I didn't touch the original mylar around the pop bumpers though as it was in quite good condition. I figure if there's gonna be any wear it'll be there, however I didn't think about a gun shot area as pointed out earlier in the thread. This may be a mistake on my part???