Author Topic: Jurassic Park....I get it now.  (Read 201 times)

Offline silverball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Jurassic Park....I get it now.
« on: August 25, 2009, 11:19:38 AM »
Couldnt see why so many people fussed over this title.Had one I fully shopped for a friend and didnt bother playing a full game, rather tested everything by hand.

Recently picked one up a nice JP with a few tech faults at a good price, stripped it back,shopped it and now have a very nice pin. My full intention was to resell until I had a test game......... followed by another, and another, and another.

Great fun and fast, might keep this one for a while %$% (new games room cant get built quick enough @.@)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Jurassic Park....I get it now.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 01:48:46 PM »

Probably should be rated as highly as Guns'N'Roses, and I certainly rate it as the best DE. Wait until you achieve 6 ball multiball  @@*

As with most DEs I've seen - they always have very good playfields. I've often referred to JP as "a poor man's TAF" - Very similar in a lot of respects.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 01:51:18 PM »

Probably should be rated as highly as Guns'N'Roses, and I certainly rate it as the best DE. Wait until you achieve 6 ball multiball  @@*

As with most DEs I've seen - they always have very good playfields. I've often referred to JP as "a poor man's TAF" - Very similar in a lot of respects.

I had my first game on one on Saturday (a very high scoring game too I might add!!) and certainly enjoyed the pin.  For me - having owned a LAH the two are very similar in rules and gameplay and I wouldn't pass on one now.

Offline Pinmem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Caroline Springs, Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 12:07:24 AM »
The game looks basic when you approach it but it has a good deep ruleset. The T-Rex is a stand out feature but when you start playing it the ruleset just keeps going and going. 11 Modes in Total with so many animations (probable one of the best in any game). The last Mode is a killer not too mention the jackpot and superjackpot.

3 different Multibals 2,3 and 6 Chaos Multiball.

It is a great fun all round game.