Author Topic: pinball forums  (Read 270 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
pinball forums
« on: August 30, 2009, 12:03:20 PM »
Was ready to put on a movie last night when I had this urge to solve a problem on my T2 that has been present for a few weeks. The flashers on the 'hotdog' insert don't come on. I went straight to the manual under solenoid/flasher section, got the plug number 126 pin 1, opened the backglass, pulled off the J126 and noticed the wire half out the plug socket. Pushed it in with a small screwdriver, plug in, turn on machine and all fixed (30 seconds).

Big deal you say. Well it is to me  ^^^. If it wasn't for forums like Aussie Pinball I'd be playing my machines with half the functions/features not working. Eventually you'd see on ebay, 'T2 MINT CONDITION  %.% %.% not working, in need of TLC, needs work' etc etc. Now I have the confidence to 'give it a go' rather than worry about stuffing more things up. That means a lot to me. @@*

I'd like to say thanks and show my appreciation to all on this board as well as other forums for there generosity in sharing their knowledge and experience with newbies and 'technically challenge'  %.% people who love playng pinball but have stuff all know-how in fixing them.

I can tell you, I insist on trying to have my machines working 100% and if I had to pay a tech for everything that went wrong, I'd have pinball on a PS2 and that's it. I think that would be the case for a lot of people (what do you think?)

Aussie Pinball does keep the hobby alive by making it achievable to own and enjoy your own pinball.

Thanks again to everyone
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: pinball forums
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 12:07:10 PM »

Very nicely put, Rob.

This site was created for EXACTLY that purpose - and over the last 11 months, it has attracted some of the most talented and passionate pinball people - I had no idea there were so many pinheads out there - and ALL of them have contributed to the site in their own way.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 12:10:16 PM »
Great work on fixing the T2 problem and you have said it well this is a great place to learn ask questions and dribble crap about Pinballs  ^^^

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 12:27:28 PM »
The forums keep our hobby alive.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 12:38:07 PM »
well said mate

!#% !#%

Offline SPURR

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 01:08:00 PM »
What the forum has given me! 1. Pinball meets, I had never herd of one before now I get to every one I can eg. Knight 76 central coast meet 5/9/09 Im there.
2. Before the forum, trying to repair all my pins I had to work it out by myself doing mods, making up parts, working out electrical faults ect. Now Ive got guys like Strangeways, Mr Pinbologist, Retropin, and many more to ask for advise or to see how they go about solving problems.
3. Grab my son by the neck, pull him from the computer so i can get my AP fix for the day.
4. There's friends I would have never had meet with out the forum.
5. There's the sponsors that look after the members giving deals on parts and full machines (thanks guys).
Forums are great!

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 01:13:31 PM »
Yep this forum in particular is great as there aint no shit going on.. no politics, just good people whom love Pinball
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 05:01:33 PM »
Yep this forum in particular is great as there aint no shit going on.. no politics, just good people whom love Pinball

a credit for this must go to Nino and Tony   and Nick

well done

makes my life easier to be able to send customers to a forum without BS and crap
people come here to learn  to ask questions   to have fun
well done to all

mark
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 05:10:07 PM by Creech »

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 06:13:20 PM »
Yep, all good stuff - the more people who can be helped, the better!

Definitely enhances the hobby to have an online community that translates into meets as well, and for the owner-fixer there are heaps of good tips and advice on here.

Long live AP!