Author Topic: Best mod around  (Read 7596 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Best mod around
« on: September 10, 2009, 07:59:02 PM »
Mainly for those who like mod-ing their pinballs, but an acceptable comment would be 'no mod is the best mod'.

For me I think th ebest mod I have found and I have it is the Gold Tiger Saw and Marquee from pinball pro. I reckon it adds to the appeal of the machine. Looks great and adds functionality to a stationary saw blade.

Another mod I'm putting up there near the top are LED's

what, if any, mods really add to the machine?
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Re: Best mod around
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 08:05:55 PM »
my colored globes in the FT topper mod
 :lol

LEDs are the bomb, easy to install and make a huge difference.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 08:12:27 PM »
I'm not a huge fan of mods, the tiger saw is cool and leds on the small saucers on AFM and little things that were designed for production but left out for cost reasons such as the door flashers on TZ.

The biggest mod I hate is the coloured gumballs inside the TZ gumball machine "This is no ordinary gumball machine" In the theme of Twilight Zone it is not meant to dispense coloured balls only pinballs and the odd powerball, just take a look at the backglass.  If someone produced plastic chrome balls to insert inside then ok, but coloured ones do not suit the theme and look very tacky to me, but each to his own.

Still undecided on LEDs they look pretty cool in certain places and are definately the way of the future I think, but while they still sell globes I'll stick to my original look. Especially on older pins bulbs have a 'warm' feel to them.

Offline pistolpete78

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisneyland
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 08:39:31 PM »
For me I think th ebest mod I have found and I have it is the Gold Tiger Saw and Marquee from pinball pro. I reckon it adds to the appeal of the machine. Looks great and adds functionality to a stationary saw blade.

The non-motorised one for USD$25 is a pretty cheap way to bling it up a bit.

I'm looking into LED's for the ToM.  Have seen some on youtube and it looks very nice.  I think I like LED's in general as it adds a bit of aa wow factor, but can see how the old school look would appeal too.

Offline knight76

• Forum Posts:
  • Central Coast NSW Australia Earth
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 08:54:27 PM »
Am yet to mod any of my pins.

I am looking at some LED's but really it is not a priority at the moment. I would like to do the princess mod on the MM though.

Edit: Actually I tell a lie, I have added the Hocus Pocus, and the other target decals for ToM.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 08:56:12 PM by knight76 »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 09:00:18 PM »
Not a big mod fan, I rarely change things from stock - unless they can be changed back easily. I did add self-flashing lamps to my BH pop bumpers which is effective, and long before LEDS became the rage made an array to use in the main saucer dome on my AFM because the standard #89's rarely lasted more than a few games due to the vibration of the solenoid whacking the mothership. When I had my TZ I started on making up a Robby (still have him here somewhere) but my natural leaning away from mods stopped me ever finishing him off.

I think one of the most effective mods are the LEDS on the mini-saucers on AFM, although once again I never got myself motivated enough to want to install them (plus the kit is pretty expensive).

The most modding for me is mainly the home ROM where available!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline shootar

• Forum Posts:
  • brisbane
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 09:06:25 PM »
I've got the hunter killer mod in my T2. Looks unreal.

The mallard anas platyrhynchos is not all he's quacked up to be.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 09:19:02 PM »
I've got the hunter killer mod in my T2. Looks unreal.

it does!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 09:34:51 PM »

The non-motorised one for USD$25 is a pretty cheap way to bling it up a bit.

I'm looking into LED's for the ToM.  Have seen some on youtube and it looks very nice.  I think I like LED's in general as it adds a bit of aa wow factor, but can see how the old school look would appeal too.
I have put LED's on my ToM in certain places. But I tried a colour changing LED for the Tiger Saw Insert and mate, it looks fantastic. You hit the staionary ball and the insert cycles thorugh colours. Well worth a try.

Offline pistolpete78

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisneyland
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 10:11:32 PM »
A colour changing bulb - sounds cool.  Did you just match the LED colour to the insert colour generally?

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 10:40:42 PM »
Dont mine the mods but only the good ones.Seems to be a lot more for each machine now.

The t2 hunter killer mod is great and i like the motorised biplane prop mod on the Indiana Jones pinball as well.Come to think of it i have done a most of my machines in some sort of way.
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 11:34:00 PM »
TZ 3rd magnet mod (it takes a bit of work including drilling a hole through the playfield so can't be reversed!)

Totally changes the gameplay multiball sequence though - as below

Offline madness

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 05:22:57 AM »
Lighted Dragon and Troll eyes on my MM are pretty cool

+1 for the 3rd magnet on TZ

Offline indazone gav

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 10:06:13 AM »
I personally like to mod my pins.
TZ, Piano, Camera, Color changing LEDs in Clock Millions and Handle. Blue led light clock.
IJ, Lost plastic, Ark, POA lighting, full playfield LEDs, gold legs and rails and lockdown
CV, color changing leds in all mode inserts
TOM, spinning Gold Saw, tiger, rabbit, Gold trunk chains, magic wand, leds etc etc
These are only a few of the things I've done to some of mine. There is a point IMO when they can look over done but I do like most mods.
PIMP THOSE PINS ()

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 09:15:37 PM »
A colour changing bulb - sounds cool.  Did you just match the LED colour to the insert colour generally?
No Pete, its just a led that has 4 or 5 colours that simply cycle each time the insert light is activated. Trust me the ToM one I did is impressive when you hit that newton ball (stationary ball)