Author Topic: SIMPLE WH20 mountain fix  (Read 644 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
SIMPLE WH20 mountain fix
« on: September 28, 2009, 11:23:42 PM »
Hey all- couple of reasons for this post.......

1) To thank Mark C for the lampholders he sent me inside Rollerballs Centuar as they allowed me to finally light my WH20 mountains as they were always meant to be.......here they are now - thanks Mark , this WH20 is now 100% lit and 100% working correctly  *)*

2) In the above shot no-one would have notinced my 'cracked' mountain ....even when it is lit up.....
Heres where the crack is/was........I had concerns that light inside may now show up my 'repairs'.....

This mountain originally had a crack / split in it going 2/3 of the way up  - what I did was to mix up some araldite that dries REAL solid and also very clear and I put a little bit of it in the crack using a toothpick to apply it but then I also slapped on a layer of it about 2mm thick inside the mountain so that it covered both sides of the split so I had an 'area' of glue that was about 15mm wide by about 30mm high x 2mm thick inside there , I held the mountain in my hand in such a way that the glue stayed where I needed it to stay until it dried enough to stay in shape......so it formed like an inner wall of glue......I did this months ago and it is still perfect.....heres a close up so you can see that you just cant see the glue in the light......now this AINT rocket science or anything special - sometimes people overlook simle ways of fixing things so I thought I would throw this idea up.

DW Drums rule !

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Re: SIMPLE WH20 mountain fix
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 08:16:15 AM »
Araldite (the 2 part stuff seems best) is great stuff to fix plastics. I notice you havent got rid of those nasty black rubber post sleeves Wotto.........Cliffy's colored sleeves would look heaps better  ()

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 08:48:43 AM »
Funny you mention the posts - I actually tried a blue one on WH20 only last weekend and it looks crappy ( to me ) as it 'stands out' too much - which surprised me......I am starting to think that you can 'over-blue' WH20 a little.
DW Drums rule !

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 10:34:42 AM »
The orange would look good on that PF.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 12:22:49 PM »
I used orange ones under the mountains one yellow and blue ones in the other positions

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 01:20:19 PM »
I used orange ones under the mountains one yellow and blue ones in the other positions

Looks great Matt !  ^^^  ^^^

« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 02:31:11 PM by Pinfan »
Some people have big HEADS !

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 01:51:13 PM »
gotta love those cliffy sleeves. Al my machines have them now
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 02:23:03 PM »

yep looks great