Author Topic: Rate this pinball machine !  (Read 802 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Rate this pinball machine !
« on: October 06, 2009, 11:41:49 PM »
Rate this pin. Machine will be for sale in the next week or so.
CACTUS CANYON
- fully redecalled one week ago plus a brand new coin door, new legs n bolts/feet/protectors/balls/plastics etc
excellent working pin.great playfield. you couldnt do anymore to machine to make it like new again.

QUESTION
1. what would u pay for a Cactus Canyon if u had the money.

2. even if u had the money, would you buy it or pass on it and why ?

wanting to get feedback on a cactus canyon as a good friend has one for sale real soon, so i know what to pay and if i shld buy it.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
Re: Rate this pinball machine !
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 12:01:37 AM »
A CC in the condition you describe I guess would sell for $12k - $15k .

If I had the cash would I buy it ? .. NO . I couldn't justify spending that much on 1 pin no matter how collectible it may be . Would much rather buy enough pins to fill my games room for the money .

Offline Rod71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 01:11:49 AM »

If I had the cash would I buy it ? .. NO . I couldn't justify spending that much on 1 pin no matter how collectible it may be . Would much rather buy enough pins to fill my games room for the money .

+1

Crazy money for that when you can get 5 or 6 way better DMD's for that price.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 07:53:19 AM »

+1

Crazy money for that when you can get 5 or 6 way better DMD's for that price.

+2
Addicted to pins.

Offline rads

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 08:03:01 AM »
If I had a spare 12k under the matress I would buy it.    I played one at Mark Cs and it was fun, but the game play was no better than a stack of $2000 DMD's I have played.  You are buying a collectable and that is where the premiun price is.  You are always going to be able to sell it and the price is only going to go up probably as much as the five or so other DMDs would collectively.

Offline slammer

• Forum Posts:
  • Bendigo Victoria
  • Aussie Pinball - No bullshit, just pinball
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 08:17:47 AM »
I have played one, was quite good game wise.

I would only buy one myself if it was the last one for my collection, it would be more of an investment for me.

Cheers Angelo

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 08:44:29 AM »
If you are looking for an investment and have the $12k - $15k, then buy it. If you are looking for gameplay then you could get 4 or 5 very decent machines for that money.

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 08:52:59 AM »
12k + ......we are all kidiing ourselves - right  !@#

There is no machine on planet Earth that should command over $8000.00 in my opinion......and THATS stretching my thought......as I really feel $6000 should be the point where most machines stop.
At the end of the day its a DMD pinball machine.....

If you are trying to build a big collection then I would buy others with that money well before a CC.....(yes I have played it and it is 'OK' )......however , as others have said , if you have ALL the games you want and still have a stack of cash that you dont mind spending then MAYBE grab it :2cents:
DW Drums rule !

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 08:54:35 AM »
the price is only going to go up probably as much as the five or so other DMDs would collectively.

I dont agree, but no one can predict pin prices in a few years from now. But agree that CC is an absolute dud for the money playwise. Gotta be investments with much better returns, so cant agree with the investment line guys feed their wives.
 :lol

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 10:04:28 AM »
Fun theme. "Standard" late DMD fan layout so easy to play (ie can get right into it). Cool looking.

If it had been made in the mid-90's 3500+ units it would be a game that would sell for maybe $4,000.00 here  - ie rates well below the best (AFM, MM) from WMS.

Being the last DMD from WMS creates it's aura but truthfully it's way below say Monster Bash in both looks and theme, and an MB can be had for 2/3rds the price and is a complete, fun game (with a similar layout).
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 10:47:50 AM »

Over rated machine. Collectible - Yes - If you like collecting over priced machines !

All CC's I've seen are in EXCELLENT condition. I've played an absolute MINT machine at Mark's at it played and looked new. Was really impressed.

For the same price, you could have a CV, SS and another DMD. That represents more value. Even if a CC was the same price as a CV or MM - I would still not fork out the $$
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 10:56:02 AM »
A CC in the condition you describe I guess would sell for $12k - $15k .

+1 There are far better games that can be bought at a fraction of that amount

Offline morrie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 11:47:52 AM »
the price is only going to go up probably as much as the five or so other DMDs would collectively.

I dont agree, but no one can predict pin prices in a few years from now. But agree that CC is an absolute dud for the money playwise. Gotta be investments with much better returns, so cant agree with the investment line guys feed their wives.
I wouldnt call CC a absolute dud play wise not as good as MM or CV but still not a bad game to play(better than the average DMD)
I used the investment line on my missus and it worked, but i only paid$6500 for mine

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 12:02:20 PM »
I used the investment line on my missus and it worked, but i only paid$6500 for mine
stolen at that price.

Agree i didnt like it that much but the more i play it the better i liked it.Paid a bit more than Morrie but still happy with my purchase as mine is better condition <.>.Wont be selling it, so price not really bother by it but each to there own.
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 12:29:56 PM »

I wouldnt call CC a absolute dud play wise not as good as MM or CV but still not a bad game to play(better than the average DMD)

no, dont half quote me........... I said its a dud for the money playwise

IMO most 2-3k machines are better to play.