Author Topic: Rate this pinball machine !  (Read 810 times)

Offline morrie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Rate this pinball machine !
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 01:05:05 PM »
Sorry to half quote you but i still dont think CC is a absolute dud play wise for the money, not as good as MM or CV but still not a bad game to play(better than the average DMD)
Agreed CC shouldn't fetch the prices it does but it should still warrant  the same prices as the "A" titles
Show me a $2000 to $3000 game that compares to a "A" title (MM,CC,AFM,AF,TZ) and ill put it in my collection

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 01:11:09 PM »
Show me a $2000 to $3000 game that compares to a "A" title (MM,CC,AFM,AF,TZ) and ill put it in my collection

WH20  *%*

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2009, 01:21:30 PM »

WH20  *%*

Havent owned MM,CC,AFM,AF,TZ
But having owned ( in the past ) CV, TOM and currently in the collection WH20 - I 1000% agree with Matt on WH20 as being right up there in that range .......I got through CV and TOM games, actually CV I got through many times but have never 'finished' WH20.... *!@
DW Drums rule !

Offline morrie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 01:30:22 PM »
I have spent a bit of time on white water and dont really rate it but that is my opinion
But arn't they fetching over $3000 these days ?

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2009, 01:50:27 PM »
Yeah they are – but KTM450 and I will take any opportunity to promote WH20   :lol :lol
DW Drums rule !

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 02:13:39 PM »
1. what would u pay for a Cactus Canyon if u had the money.

They have been selling for $11k to $13k previously, I personally wouldn't spend that amount of cash on a pinball machine.

2. even if u had the money, would you buy it or pass on it and why ?

If I had upto $13k of pinfunds I would pass on it & would buy 4 or 5 other DMD titles on my wish list rather than just one pinball. I have played one @ the Pinball Warehouse in underwood and thought gameplay was average??  !@#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 03:03:05 PM »
Yeah they are – but KTM450 and I will take any opportunity to promote WH20   :lol :lol

:lol

I have spent a bit of time on white water and dont really rate it but that is my opinion
But arn't they fetching over $3000 these days ?

Yeah, they are now, people have worked out what a great game it is, mega ramps and a very challenging ruleset.
They used to be around the $2-$2.5k mark a few years back, but I guess with all replacement ramps available and repro PFs they are in high demand.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 10:16:42 PM »
well, the verdict is in regarding Cactus Canyon.

THE MEMBERS HAVE SPOKEN/VOTED ( i stole this quote from the iron chef show on TV) lol.
80% of people say no thanks to Cactus and hello to 3 to 5 games instead.

2 members have bought them and paid between 6500 and 8000 a year or two ago.

some guys threw a cheapie into the mix, which has the smallest playfield in history, but they love it. thats good. but this thread has shown me one thing,

IF U CAN BUY A CACTUS CANYON, AND YOU HAVE THE MONEY, AND U FEEL U CAN STEAL IT AT THE RIGHT PRICE, THEN U WOULD GRAB IT.

But people feel that they would have to nick it to make it worth BUYING. IF/WHEN my mate lists it real soon on ebay, SEE IF U CAN NICK IT  . but it might be a $10 grand plus exercise ?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 10:23:53 PM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 10:52:31 PM »
I know where there is a cactus canyon

but its a pretty dull, boring and isolated place out near Kakadu National Park  :lol
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 11:46:42 PM »
beaky, bring over 10 grand in cash, and i will let ya into my national park/canyon free of charge ! cactus is just around the corner for you.
ohh, unless u come with bourban and coke, u r not getting in.

hand me the $ when the wife aint watching as well. that would be a big help.  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 12:04:15 AM »
beaky, bring over 10 grand in cash, and i will let ya into my national park/canyon free of charge ! cactus is just around the corner for you.
ohh, unless u come with bourban and coke, u r not getting in.

hand me the $ when the wife aint watching as well. that would be a big help.  ^^^
Bourban for some cactus action aye.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Mr Pubstuff

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
    • pubstuff
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 09:43:08 PM »
i like CC, but unless you are into collectables and want to take a chance on the 12+k appreciating substantially in the future (cystal balls out now folks) i would buy 4-5 other MUCH more playable machines that i really enjoy playing and enjoy them. CC is way over-rated in gameplay IMO, but if you REALLY like the game rather than the status of owning one, go for it.
My bro in law bought a TAF the other day and he LOVES it and thats all that matters, but I actually like playing the fishtales i bought the day prior for 1.6k much more. Would I have a TAF? absolutely! would I pay 5k+ for one? prob not cos it doesnt spin my scoredials enough to part with 5k when there is many titles I like for maybe half that.
would you buy an early mustang or chev (or a rod) if you didnt enjoy driving them? go with what you enjoy, as enjoyment is sometimes priceless (and maybe 5 x 2.5k machines will actually go up in total more than 1 x 12k machine anyway and its easier parting with 1 machine here and there along the way if you have 4-5 of them than parting with just 1 if thats all you have)
Don't shoot me, im new here!

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 09:49:37 PM »
good points

enjoyment of gameplay has to be a key factor in all pinnie purchases no matter what the cost
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2009, 10:00:20 PM »
You cant expect the collector mentality to allow for sensible or logical acquisitions. Sum1 pays 12-15k for CC, then they are fullfilling a collector need soley.
Whilst alot of us know its a waste of money, to others its something very special. I like MM alot, but again at 10k I dont see value for money. KISS is the same deal, but its easier to understand because it serves KISS collectors, and pin collectors. I would add Adams as well, boring as bat-piss, but a real looker, and really collectable for the theme. IMO anyway lol

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2009, 01:24:23 AM »
I would buy a cactus for 10 or 12 grand no probs. I would love to buy the one my mate has.I am jealous for sure.why not.
I gotta be honest, its a collectable/ego/show off/rare purchase.but its the challenge of getting one which would get me going.just like the guys who fix pins.its the challenge thats gets us in to fixing n finding pins.

I mean, why are mercedes and ferrari's so expensive. huge demand, small production numbers, very few can afford.
it has to be a show off thing and a collectable/challenge/investment etc.
If u buy 4 pins for say a total of $12 grand, and they go up 20 percent in say 3 - 5 yrs, if you buy a cactus for 12 grand, will it go up 20 percent, ofcourse.

if a pin collector walks in your house and sees a cactus, he will say lucky bastard, if he walks in and sees a 2500 pin, that lots of poeople have, and u can get real easy, he says, ohh yeh, not bad.

I wish we all had cactus canyons.if i had one, i would want everyone out there to play it so at least i could share a rare thing with others.that would be the best part of owning a cactus or monster bash or attack from mars. seeing other pinheads playing them.thats the real investment.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 01:25:59 AM by caveoftreasures »