Author Topic: sorry for my disappearance  (Read 463 times)

Offline narf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
sorry for my disappearance
« on: October 15, 2009, 10:06:42 PM »
hey guys

sorry for my sudden disappearance even though ive been on AA. been having a few problems with the wife the last 12 months and has now become what appears to be divorce.

sadly she for some reason i dont know yet has decided we have drifted apart so im on the outer atm.

ive been out of home for about 3 months and seeing my kids 2 days a week and travelling about 150kms a day to work.

the pin was originally going to be for her so i havent touched it or even looked at it really  !!!

decided now to keep plodding along with life and get a new house with the BOP in the loungeroom.

still sorting shit out with her but going to get my own place local again (im at my parents atm) and get back into my pinnie.

just done a order with mark on ebay to get back into things.

enough moping around time to get along and what ever happens happens.

havent told many people what is going on but she has started to inform the circle of friends so time to inform everyone i guess.

ill be popping in where i can just dont have much net atm  ^.^. got 1 cocktail machine to finish and sell then the BOP gets back to my parents for tinkering again

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: sorry for my disappearance
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 10:29:41 PM »
Sorry to hear that - I can only imagine how painful relationship breakdown must be.

Hopefully a bit of pinball might cheer you up every now and then.

Offline pistolpete78

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisneyland
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 10:35:06 PM »
Gotta be tough mate.  Feel for ya.

But you've got a circle of friends out here in "Pinny/Arcade Land" who I'm sure will help if and when needed.  Keep your chin up.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 10:42:59 PM »

I can't even imagine how you must feel at the moment. Life has its twists and turns and things will hopefully turn to your favor soon. You have taken the step of "moving on" and if there is anything that we an help you with - feel free to simply ask away.

In the meantime - just think of the future..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 10:48:31 PM »
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
I went through a divorce back in 1993, there was 1 child involved.
fortunatly i met a wonderful woman after the seperation.
my first wife left me but i divorced her (she was so darn lazy I had to divorce her)
I remarried again and i am still married to my second wife with 3 great kids (all 3 of them are mine)
Back then there was no internet and before i met my second wife it was very lonely.

I hope you can sort something out with your current wife or move on and find someone new.
until then keep your hobbie alive and try and stay positive.

You probably feel like a fish out of water at the moment and thats understandable.

When you get your own place make sure you jump on here when you can.

All the best..
Beaky (Andrew)
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline daics3522

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 02:23:15 AM »
Good to catch up during the week matey and hope the MegaDeath concert helped you a bit. Lucky I am not talking to you cos you probably still cant hear anything..... WHAT, WHAT, WHAT DID YOU SAY ????
 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Chin up mate....................
1up Promotions provide all your promotional items... from keyrings to banners to stubby coolers etc, etc..... Anything you need just PM.... (website coming soon)

Offline narf

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 06:29:05 PM »
cheers guys

just got told its all over.  !!!

Offline chris288

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 07:54:41 PM »
Sorry to hear that story Shannon.

I feel sorry for the kids, no matter how hard it is for a couple its always harder for them, so I hope you two can work together for their sake.

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 12:33:34 AM »
I been there myself mate, so I know what you're going through.
It sucks balls!
Only thing I can tell ya is that it does get better.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 09:22:10 AM »
That post is really heartfelt - the only advice I can give (been through it also 19 years ago) is that life always works itself out in the end.

Hang in there and I'm sure things will start to look more positive soon

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 09:26:02 AM »
Sorry to hear that NARF, chin up will get better 4 sure....
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline justwedgeheads

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 11:28:53 AM »
Hi Narf,
        Sorry to here this.I went thru the same around 20 years ago.Try to focus on the positive's and keep the communication open(I didn't and it ruined my relationship with my kids)Things will get better.
                                                     Ian

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 12:00:39 PM »
Isn't it sad to see how many of us have been through a divorce  !!!

At least we know even though our pins have legs they cant walk out on us. @@*

When it happened to me i thought it was the end of the world.(the divorce that is, fortunately none of my pins have walked out on me, well not yet anyway)
It does get easier if you let it get easier.

just trying to cheer you up abit Narf
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline narf

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2009, 09:04:41 PM »
cheers guys

things have settled a bit we got a bit of a arguement and things got out of hand

been talking and my marriage is over but not divorcing yet. im moving into my own place around town in a few weeks once i wrangle up some more gear

still married on paper so ive told her im happy to wait till she thinks it thru and change's her mind. We both got no interest in moving on so i told her when the time is right she knows were to find me

i did get a nasty look when i said i was going to put the pin in my lounge room and she said id need to buy legs and my response "there at my house since i bought it down few months ago %.%"

been hanging out which is nice with the kids at the show and just going with the flow

time will tell. Getting thru it ok i can admit in the past ive done some regretfull things but this time going straight headed and i reckon i can get this sorted out

thanks for the support

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2009, 09:23:10 PM »
i recon if we all look back we can say we have done regretfull things, but i am sure your other half has done regretfull thing.
i have found that spouses try and make the things you have done worse than what they have done so they dont feel guilty.
Like one of my ex'es did i found out she slept with another bloke and her responce was "well you told me to go and get f**ked"
see i was in the wrong because i was the one who told her what to do (NOT)

glad to  here you are having fun with your kids