Author Topic: Anyone bought a pin from barrywnj user on ebay from the USA  (Read 712 times)

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
Anyone bought a pin from barrywnj user on ebay from the USA
« on: October 16, 2009, 11:11:54 PM »
I asked him if he can ship to Australia...and got this message back from him...

hi, yes, I can and have shipped dozens to Australia. Depending on the game, if buy it now is used, cost about $150 to me and another $150 in port and clearance fees when it gets there. Payment by bank transfer or international money order only on international sales.

- barrywnj

Seems a bit cheap if you ask me..???
He has over 3000 feedback and 94% positive,,,

His ebay store is here...  http://stores.shop.ebay.com/pinballvideo__W0QQ_armrsZ1

good prices with the way the dollar is going...
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
Search barrywnj in RGP archives.  Not pleasant reading if I remember correct.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Shipping may well be that - could be the 3 month ship journey.

Geeez - that XENON looks nice - would ;love one!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Shipping price is too cheap - The costs HERE will be far greater than $150 - that I can guarantee !

He has a Williams "Winner" - very high on my wishlist and it is in very good condition  ^&^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
In case you have trouble searching RGP (the search feature has been broken for a few months) here's a link using advanced search - you won't take along to decide to keep away -

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?as_q=barrywnj&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&scoring=&lr=&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=2009&as_maxd=1&as_maxm=1&as_maxy=2009&as_ugroup=rec.games.pinball&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&safe=off
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
why take the risk. forget it. best to pay more locally where u can visit the seller if u have a gripe. flying all the way to the u.s.a to choke someone to death is expensive.

i spoke with him last year and i thought he was a bit too good to be true. if alarm bells ring, dont risk it.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline daics3522

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
Contact elkor-alish http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?action=profile;u=253 as I am sure he purchased half a dozen from Barry White.

1up Promotions provide all your promotional items... from keyrings to banners to stubby coolers etc, etc..... Anything you need just PM.... (website coming soon)

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
Actually I got 10 machines from him.

I pretty much got what I paid for on most of them but a few were in VERY good condition for the price.
I know he's been bagged on RPG but I would by from him again no problem.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Talby bought from him and his machines where in nice condition I thought-he has some nice titles in very nice condition.

Peter

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
Barry has sold a shit load of machines.
Your never gunna be able to please everybody, and from what I can tell, our Pinball brothers over there in the US are very picky.
A couple of my machines had some backyard repairs but nothing to bad or dodgey.
If you're still not too sure, tell him you're a genuine buyer and ask him for more pics.
And yeah, you'll have to wait two months for it to arrive by sea.

Just remember, if it's a high end pin and it's going real cheap, there has to be a good reason. No one sells top quality pins dirt cheap.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Belac

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, VIC.
Interesting..

I also contacted him a few weeks ago regarding shipping to here. He replied;

"hi, shipping on one would be $299 with the buy it now, second game ships free. Then you have about $150 per game clearance and dock fees when it gets there. Shipping is by sea to a major Australian port and takes about 45 days."

I thought it sounded very cheap, considering it costs about the same to send them interstate here.

Quote from: Strangeways
The costs HERE will be far greater than $150

What would the costs here be, approximately?

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
I hear that you dont need to pay 5% duty on stuff that comes from America as long as it was made over there???Is that correct??All due to the free trade...
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
I hear that you dont need to pay 5% duty on stuff that comes from America as long as it was made over there???Is that correct??All due to the free trade...

I bought two machines recently from Barry and you just need to be very thorough and persistent with your questions about the machines.  Some areas are over stated in their condition but overall they weren't too bad.  I bought Hulk and Dredd off him.

Paul you are correct in that there is no 5% duty under the FTA, however there are still port fees this end and GST if the value/receipt is over $1000.  The shipping price varies depending on the actual machine I think, if he has enough markup on the machine the shipping price drops and vice versa.  Machiens are packed very well and arrived safe and sound.  For my two machine, the actual shipping fee (not incl fees this end) was around the $400AUD mark.  All up it cost me around $1000-1100 in total to bring the two machines in.  Barry's shipping fee for the second machine drops considerably.
Addicted to pins.

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
The Family Guy looks nice...dont know what they are like to play...not a bad price...

http://cgi.ebay.com/STERN-FAMILY-GUY-PINBALL-MACHINE-SUPERB-MANY-PICTURES_W0QQitemZ230394834563QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item35a49a2e83

FG is an excellent game.  I'm not a major fan of the show, and i still like the game a lot.

I'd rather a TSPP if i had a choice though.