Author Topic: All the birds land at once - pin shift  (Read 411 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
All the birds land at once - pin shift
« on: November 22, 2009, 08:33:09 PM »
Seems like ages ago now, but i bought a few pins in USA waaaay back when dollar was last 96c or thereabouts. Shipping was an issue but a good friend in USA (who ill meet one day) stored them for me and arranged them on a container to Brisbane. I had to wait till there was room on one and then my pins would be on the sea.
Well, they arrived and so i prepared to go to Port Of Brisbane to pick them up.
Seems ANOTHER lot of pins i had coming from Michael Shalhoub had also arrived at Alan Tates and so after a few weeks delay, i finally got to go and pick them up also. Basically did the 2 hauls in the one hit

I picked up 5 machines in total... 4 woodies and a 70's GTB. Tracey drove her car and picked up the heads, i had the bodies in the van, also picked up some playfields for my mate Stu..

Heres me loaded van

Now, a short while back, i had ANOTHER load of pins come in - 2 in fact, one was the RALLY machine.. the other i never let anyone know what it was.. and youll see why right now...

Heres the OTHER machine from previous haul

And here is what will sit next to it... and now you know why i never said anything

I reckon these 2 side by side will be awesome

Now to the woodies... these were USA prices and i can tell you, i got them CHEAP!!

First up is GTB 1955 SOUTHERN BELLE - is only the bottom half, but it is such awesome condition that i could not turn it down... i MAY have located the top half from overseas... this game really is in outstanding condition!

Next is GTB 1960 DANCING DOLLS

Once again - the condition on this has taken me back - it is a VERY easy restore, some very very minor wear on the PF. Slight flaking on BG ( 8/10). Cabinet has name scratched in it, otherwise would be 9/10. I only got some average photos on these machines and really the condition was a bit of a gamble - but this one is a beauty... looks like it could just plug and play

There was another - the one that wasnt as clever - GTB 1954 MYSTIC MARVEL - BG is a 6/10, cabinet painted peacock blue as is apron. Insertys had fallen out of PF and i gave instructions for them to be bagged and placed inside machine - they are not there.. this one is a full restore job and so is in the garage in the queue - sorry no pics!

Now then..... last one and its a big one!

This came from Michael Shalhoub.. weve been discussing this machine for quite a while now and finally a deal was struck.. it wasnt cheap, but this game NEVER comes cheap.
Needs a restore but its in bloody good condition - not TOO much to do on her... cabinet needs restencil and one of the animated maniquins is missing, but i can make one of those - side rails missing... BUT THATS IT!!!!!

Oh boy...oh boy...oh boy..
what a machine and will sit very nicely near the WMS PALOOKA

GTB 1950 KNOCKOUT

Some big changes in the games room.. im selling off quite a few pins and will have these as the line up... compared to a year ago, my line up has pretty much completely changed... all i got to do is restore them all... GULP!

Heres todays combined haul ( well most of it!)

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: All the birds land at once - pin shift
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 08:42:42 PM »
Wow.  Great looking machines..Looking forward to the resto threads on these.

Offline v200juke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 08:45:47 PM »
I was with Michael one day and had to move that Knockout headbox. Scared the hell out of me cause I almost dropped it. Well done and look forward to seeing pics of them all up on legs.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 08:50:46 PM »

You have your work cut out for you now mate..

However, it is nice to see all these beautiful machines in your collection. Congrats - I'm envious !

@@* @@*
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 08:56:58 PM »
Congrats Gavin, looking forward to seeing you work your magic on these, particularly the Knockout

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 09:26:55 PM »
Thats a nice haul Gav   You must be thrilled how do you guys get onto all these wonderful machines !@#

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 10:36:48 PM »
love the old Star Treks, great art

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 11:01:27 PM »
Thats a nice haul Gav   You must be thrilled how do you guys get onto all these wonderful machines !@#

Mike Shalhoub  *%*

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 11:17:25 PM »

Mike Shalhoub  *%*

I was thinking the same thing ddstoys.
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 11:23:45 PM »
The KNOCKOUT and STAR TREK came through Michael. always worth asking Mike - if he aint got it - he.ll know someone who has and whether its for sale.Absolute TOP bloke to deal with

DANCING DOLLS
MYSTIC MARVEL
SOUTHERN BELLE

All came through my friend Micheal Weaver who kindly forwarded on an ad from an operator who was clearing out the basement, by time i got past the time difference between here and USA... most machines had gone... just some woodies left.. and i only bought 3 of them.. could have had plenty more!

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 10:25:19 AM »
Oh I feel all warm and fuzzy inside just looking at those beautiful Gottlieb pins  *%*

Well done Gav and I'm sure you will have them all up an running sweet before long.

Michael mentioned awhile back that you bought the Knockout - he has had that game for years.

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 11:17:48 AM »
Very nice haul there Gav . Would have to be pretty unique to have those 2 Star Trek's side by side .
Geez you serious collectors sure go all out don't you.

Cheers
Dave
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 04:40:15 PM »
Nice score  ^^^

Offline blue95