Author Topic: ITSA ME MARIO....MAMA MIA its in the garage  (Read 1433 times)

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
Re: ITSA ME MARIO....MAMA MIA its in the garage
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 11:06:02 AM »
$2000
Not sure if thats a good price or not but seems fair for a dmd
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 11:59:40 AM »
From a dealer and 100% working, its very fair.

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 11:09:27 PM »
$2000
Not sure if thats a good price or not but seems fair for a dmd
I presume thats not including delivery.

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 12:02:30 AM »
was $2190 I think shipped to my door...
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 12:24:05 PM »
I would LOVE one of these Super Mario Bros pinnies (don't tell my dad) But it would need to be factory standards Like my other 2 Gottlieb's (Cue Ball Wizard & Street Fighter 2) older gottliebs (Like my Cleopatra) are good but don't have EXCELENT diamond plated playfield. (I LOVE MY STEET FIGHTER 2) Ps. you can tell my dad how much I love street fighter because he's starting to sell machines he doesn't play too often (HE WANTED TO SELL MY GENISIS(Gottlieb))   %$%
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 12:57:02 PM »
I would LOVE one of these Super Mario Bros pinnies (don't tell my dad) But it would need to be factory standards Like my other 2 Gottlieb's (Cue Ball Wizard & Street Fighter 2) older gottliebs (Like my Cleopatra) are good but don't have EXCELENT diamond plated playfield.

Gottlieb System 3's (Cue Ball, SF2) didn't have a clear coated playfield.  They were factory mylared.

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 03:04:42 PM »
Ok well now that Ive had the Mario for a while....time for an update/review....

Ok well its actually not a bad playing machine at all....lots to do...multiball is fun...Video mode is cool...

Only thing I would fault is destroying the castles....you get 7 castles to destroy during the game....but pointless really...dont get a big fanfare for destroying one or points...But other than that....fun machine...

would give it a 7 out of 10 for most people but 8 out of 10 if your into the theme...and yeah Im a Mario fan..
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2009, 05:12:07 PM »
Ok well now that Ive had the Mario for a while....time for an update/review....

Ok well its actually not a bad playing machine at all....lots to do...multiball is fun...Video mode is cool...

Only thing I would fault is destroying the castles....you get 7 castles to destroy during the game....but pointless really...dont get a big fanfare for destroying one or points...But other than that....fun machine...

would give it a 7 out of 10 for most people but 8 out of 10 if your into the theme...and yeah Im a Mario fan..

Yeah the 7 castles feature is interesting as it's a carry over feature from game to game.  It gives you a free game for destroying the last one yeah?.  So in theory, you could have been playing this on site with 6 castles destroyed before you even start your first game.

Have you changed out the 4 clear flashers for coloured ones?.  Simple but very effective mod.

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2009, 05:53:34 PM »
Is it a keeper RB?

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2009, 08:25:58 PM »
....sorry mate...KEEPER is a dirty word in my garage...lol...who knows..lol
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2009, 07:36:33 PM »
Congrats on the Mario! I was a big Nintendo fan as a kid and always dreamed of owning one when I saw it in a gaming magazine and my local bowling alley got one in. 15 years or so later and I finally got to own one....Purchasing a Freddy a week before probably took the shine off owning Mario. Freddy was a much faster game and Mario got the occasional play. It also seemed difficult for a supposed kids machine. Months later I persevered with it and now enjoy and appreciate the Mario machine. It has a nice bright playfield with very little wear and I replaced the faded translite which really made it shine.

I'd love to add a few Mario figures to the playfield. As others have said, the figures weren't included in the original machines.

I also liked the SF2 pinball machine as a kid and would still like to own one, but I think it would be too similar to the feel and gameplay of Mario.

Good to hear everyone is enjoying theirs!

Adam.

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2009, 12:52:14 AM »

I also liked the SF2 pinball machine as a kid and would still like to own one, but I think it would be too similar to the feel and gameplay of Mario.

They are really quite different machines to play.

SF2 is more "stop start", but has a bunch more shots in the playfield layout.  Plus it has a really good wizard mode once you defeat all the characters.

If you can find one cheap enough, i reckon you will enjoy it.

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2009, 09:29:01 PM »

They are really quite different machines to play.

SF2 is more "stop start", but has a bunch more shots in the playfield layout.  Plus it has a really good wizard mode once you defeat all the characters.

If you can find one cheap enough, i reckon you will enjoy it.

Yeah, if a SF2 came along at the right time for the right price, I'd probably grab it. I've noticed that most of them are in pretty good condition as well....and I thought Mario was stop start type of gameplay.

I put an ad in the local paper looking for machines and didn't get a serious bite. Mostly people texting asking what I wanted and how much I wanted to pay. This town used to have machines everywhere and cant go anywhere in Wagga to play 1 machine. Frustrating!

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2009, 09:50:05 PM »
Got 2 of these pins at home, kids love them, its definately a title that people recognise and can relate to. Anyone want one?
Those figurines must be an after market add on gav.

Let me get over christmas ($$$) and then we need to talk Dave...   #@#

The figurines are not hard to get now - there seems to have been a big flood of them released this/last year?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 09:52:00 PM by shansta »
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2009, 10:10:41 PM »
Got a game or two in on this machine of Pauls tonight.

I was VERY surprised with the game....it has quite a bit going on in it, plenty to do , a decent lightshow and not having played many Gottlieb late model games I was VERY happy with the flipper strength and feel - VERY strong and also a nice feel.

We also 'discovered' a 'catch up' feature in the game that was very cool ( and obviously only available in multiplayer games ) - I think it is the only way I will EVER beat Pauls score on one of his games  #@# I did however kick Louise' ar#e in a game and considering she has won pinball comps I was quite chuffed with one-self  && !@) !@) &&

Seems like a fun game

DW Drums rule !