Author Topic: jeutel olympic games  (Read 736 times)

Offline d3vlin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • geelong
jeutel olympic games
« on: December 09, 2009, 05:57:46 PM »
just won a new pinballachine on ebay. its a jeutel olympic games pinball machine. has any one ever hurd about one of them or seen one. dont no how easy it will be to get parts for it. there was only 500 made and its missing a few parts by the sounds of it. will have to wait and see what its like when i pick it up i guess. $#$

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: jeutel olympic games
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 06:01:08 PM »
just won a new pinballachine on ebay. its a jeutel olympic games pinball machine. has any one ever hurd about one of them or seen one. dont no how easy it will be to get parts for it. there was only 500 made and its missing a few parts by the sounds of it. will have to wait and see what its like when i pick it up i guess. $#$

Let me just say that I hope you didn't pay too much!

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 06:03:20 PM »
He didn't.....$76

Marcus, sorry to bring the bad news to you but it's only good to make a coffee table out of  :D

Just to clarrify: it's missing the backglass which would be impossible to find, not just in Australia but anywhere and it's missing far too many parts
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 06:23:22 PM by illawarra_steelers »

Offline d3vlin

• Forum Posts:
  • geelong
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 07:17:06 PM »
yea thats what i thought. i was going to make a coffee table out of it if it was going to be to hard. or mount it on the wall. thought it would look good next to torch. still cheap. and gives me some thing to play with till the next one comes along. thanks

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 10:18:52 PM »

From memory - it uses Gottlieb parts. But I don't recall it having any boards..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 11:01:27 PM »

I have some coils from when i got it in ....  sure we have a few other bits too , next time u in come have a look

Offline FirePower

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 11:04:00 PM »
Marcus, don't be put off by the negative comments or be too quick to take the coffee table saw to it!

There are some comments on it in this thread http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=1273.30

You might have the start of a fine Olympic based pin collection.  Nobody says it has to function as the original did, could be the start of a custom pin?

Offline hamish_nz

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 07:44:20 AM »
There is one in NZ

Crazy all metal wood grain effect cabinet, Gottlieb playfield

looks like crazy communist eastern block design

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 09:39:21 AM »
Marcus, don't be put off by the negative comments or be too quick to take the coffee table saw to it!

There are some comments on it in this thread http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=1273.30

You might have the start of a fine Olympic based pin collection.  Nobody says it has to function as the original did, could be the start of a custom pin?

And what a fine thread that was!!!

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

Offline greatwichjohn

• Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 11:02:06 AM »
You could get a replacement glass made up. Original art or something custom. Let me know if I can help out. I don't do art, but I can get stuff done.
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline d3vlin

• Forum Posts:
  • geelong
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 05:06:52 PM »
thanks guys. think i might go pick it up on sunday. and have a good look at it. i dont think ill pull it apart straight away. ill give it a shot at getting it going then if no luck with that i really need a coffee table. and a rare pinny will do the job just nice. will just have to wait and see.  ^^^ !@#

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 06:33:51 PM »
Just checking this out on IPDB. Not a bad looking playfield, very similar to Centaur.
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 09:43:42 PM »
I sent an email to Pascal Janin just to see if he knows much about the game or the manufacturer given his involvement with the Gottlieb stuff and similarities in the components used on this game. I'll let you know when I hear back. Who knows, he might program a P1 for you!! ;)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline d3vlin

• Forum Posts:
  • geelong
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2009, 10:04:05 PM »
thanks mate that would be awsome. i cant wait to go pick it up. $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 07:51:53 AM »

Pascal's replied with a bit of info I can email you, but in particular that the displays are the same as Gottlieb (different pin out) and that his friend has a few wrecked games with boards that might be available.

Might be worth checking out??
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”