Author Topic: For those who think they can trust PayPus read this!  (Read 557 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
For those who think they can trust PayPus read this!
« on: December 22, 2009, 10:24:41 PM »
http://www.whiteelephantmedia.com/

Can you believe that PayPus is ALLOWED to get away with this in Australia?

When will people wake up, stop using PayPus and demand that they be shut down?
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: For those who think they can trust PayPus read this!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 10:37:05 PM »
yep. paypal strikes again. they ripped these people of real bad.  ^&^  ^&^  ^&^

sounds like some high up staff at paypal thought they could take over some guys business and cash in literally. they are now "over the moon" with joy. no pun intended.lol  :D
The mistake that company made, was that they left more than 5 grand in the account.I would never have left a dam penny in the account.
I guess this is why people get the shits n blow buildings up. Along as it is empty, i would lend a hand with the TNT n dynamite. !  *)*  *)*  *)*  *)*
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 10:54:38 PM »
SHIT how bads that  ^&^

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 10:56:44 PM »
SHIT how bads that  ^&^

Sad to say this is far more common than you would imagine.......they are a disgusting outfit and should be forced to close in Australia IMO.

Offline yourdreamin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • barrack point
  • how much are your askin
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 11:59:17 PM »
i find paypal good it saved my arse from a number of dodgey people and i'm in the process of another. i thinks theres more to the story yes they make a s""""tload of cash but thats the price you pay,
we also get to use  credit cards to buy up and rack up points for secondhand items? where else can you do that

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 12:13:47 AM »
another paypal story  I feel for these people  , 20 staff ...

paypal , credit card , fees  all increase cost of goods

sellers get hit with both ebay fees and paypal fees and these add up
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 12:57:31 AM by markc »

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 12:24:13 AM »
i find paypal good it saved my arse from a number of dodgey people and i'm in the process of another. i thinks theres more to the story yes they make a s""""tload of cash but thats the price you pay,
we also get to use  credit cards to buy up and rack up points for secondhand items? where else can you do that

Yeah - sure - there are 2 sides to every story but where are PayPus telling their side? They NEVER do......

Keep using them - no problems - until there is one..........................................

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 12:47:32 AM »
It's definately sickening sometimes. What it ends up boiling down to is what is the alternative? PayPal has the market saturated just like eBay does - how can anyone set up another payment service that so many people already have accounts with?

If I shut off my PayPal shopping cart on my website, nobody would buy anything. I don't ever have customers contacting me saying 'hey, I don't use PayPal, can I send you a check?'.

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 12:56:15 AM »
I don't ever have customers contacting me saying 'hey, I don't use PayPal, can I send you a check?'.

Obviously I have never bought from you because that is what I ALWAYS tell people. I refuse to take it simply on principle. Hasn't affected my business and even if it did I would be proud to stand tall and declare that they can 'Get Stuffed'!

Mark my words when the stories get out they will be chucked out of this country so fast they won't know what happened!

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 03:22:37 AM »
I'm also in the US, might be why we haven't done business.

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 06:14:26 AM »
I'm also in the US, might be why we haven't done business.

Sure - the banking system in Australia is a lot more 'user friendly' than the US banking system (so I am told). We can quickly and easily direct deposit (bank transfer) to any other bank. We actually don't need to use PayPus for purchases within Australia. I admit for international purchases PayPus does have some use.........bottom line is there are far more negatives to PayPus than most people realise.

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 08:51:34 AM »
Ebay and paypal are both a law unto themselves. Who is going to take them on? What government cares enough, or know a problem exists? Do the banks care? Does the average Joe who can buy shit on his credit card care, actually no........ he loves the convenience! Its all about online shopping now, people are so streched that they dont have time to go out, or could be doing better things. Ebay/paypal deserve the market position they have, they fought hard and dirty to own their place. We can whine about it, but all we do is draw attention to the fact that they hold the cards here.

Offline thefasteddy69

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Southern Highlands
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 04:39:08 PM »
Had no knowledge of the goings on of Paypal before. That does not sound right by any stretch of the imagination.

Other industries also have the bond situation as well, Have had dealings with communciation carriers before and they also ask for a bond to cover bill runs. The amounts can be staggering. This was the reason I too was laid off recently, as the company could not operate after the carrier asked for an obscene amount. Effectivley they took over the customer base once cutting off the lines.
Wonder if Paypal has issued any reply to the situation as it is serious enough to warrant it. Not good at all.

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Here is yet another example of how eBay/PayPus mislead (I could say "LIE") to everyone. They make out that paying with PayPus you (as a buyer) are completly protected by "thier" insurance - the truth of the matter is they NEVER pay anyone, they just rip the money back from the seller if there is an issue!

Look at the attached screenshot (de-identified to protect the thief!) - simply because the laptop was slow to be delivered by Aust Post, as the receiver was not home to sign for it when the postman turned up, he believes he can claim back the ENTIRE cost of his purchase - not just the post!

When he was questioned about his claim by the seller (my mate living in Hong Kong) and it was explained to him that PayPus had removed the money from my mates account the very second the buyer opened a dispute, he said:

"Oh, sorry, I thought that PayPus would cover the cost - that's why they say you should always pay with PayPus as they will cover you if anything goes wrong"

PayPus are lying, thieving scum and should be run out of Australia. They lie to buyers to make them feel secure, they lie to sellers and say you are protected under Australian sellers protection - complete fabrication and blatant lies!

I have DOZENS of similar things (with documented proof) and will dig them out when I have time.

Bottom line is DO NOT trust PayPus - they are shonks!

Offline narf

• Forum Posts:
ive been stung with paypal but at the same time alot more with bank deposit

as a buyer ill stick with paypal, i like it for US since paypal links to the tracking in the states. as a seller its registered post or nothing else.