Author Topic: Christmas pin marathon  (Read 201 times)

Offline punter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
Christmas pin marathon
« on: December 26, 2009, 09:39:39 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone,and i hope you all had a good day yesterday.We had a ripper of a day,good food,family over,and of course a pin marathon.We had the same crew over that were here last week,had a good lunch ect,then it was time to turn on the pins.So we have the my wife blasting her new music in one ear and the pins in the other.Paragon was played non stop from 1pm to 10.30 pm by all people here and never missed a beat.My daughters boyfriends who i mentioned last week had never played a pin before are obsessed with this machine and wanted it turned on as soon as they walked in the door early morning.I said chill boys we can play after lunch.Paragon was turned on first and i watched game after game and everyones highest score go up the more they played.They kept saying have a game and i said no i am enjoying watching everyone play and i can play it anytime.The boys had increased their highest scores from the previous week,then one of them had a cracker of a game with a score of 501k.So i still did not play but after a few more hours,beers and half a bottle of JD i said my turn.I only needed one as i had a ripper and blew them away with a score of 548k  $#$,and that was the only game i played on it.We then turned on Card Whiz and Volley and i got the highest total on card whiz,but one of the boys on volley.I might be biased but if Volley is not one of the best EM'S ever made than i am a bad judge,this is a great player.I would like to know though,what is classed as being a good score on Paragon,i remember playing it years ago but not about scores ect.Cheers Tony.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Christmas pin marathon
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 10:08:01 AM »

I didn't even play a pin yesterday  !!!

Great to hear your story, Punter. Looks like the family have embraced the introduction to pinball, which does not surprise me when the quality of the games included a Paragon. Mine always cops a beating at family functions.

I'm so used to Playing Paragon - I rarely achieve a score less than 250K. I think 400-500K is a GREAT score. High score on mine is 801K.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 11:19:40 AM »
We didn't get on the pins yesterday but ... the week before my wife had 20 or so of her familty around to celebrate the 100th birthday of an aunt living in the USA. The pins were on and it was great to see bothers and cousins re-living pin games of there youth (swapping players every time the score clocked over a thousand, sharing ball 5, etc).
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 12:13:29 PM »
Do you have it set to 3 or 5 ball Tony?

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 06:05:37 PM »
Do you have it set to 3 or 5 ball Tony?

Hi Rod,it is set on 5 ball play.I do not think i could get that score on 3 balls  :lol.