Author Topic: Terrible day at Sea World  (Read 253 times)

Offline Steevsee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Terrible day at Sea World
« on: December 30, 2009, 10:01:51 PM »
Decided on a whim to take the family to Seaworld on the GC today. 
I know we should have turned around when we passed the burning car on the highway that had held us up for the past hour, but we didn't.
I probably should have guessed that something was wrong, when I realised I had left my annual pass at home and had to pay $20 for a replacement.
It was the busiest day I have ever seen.  People everywhere.  Almost left after the first churro but had paid $20 to get in so we kept going.
After about 2 hours and just about ready to call it quits, I noticed the arcade area and had almost given up hope, when I spied a Simpsons pinball machine. Hooray!
Took my 11 y.o. son in for a game or two while the wife took the other kids on a ride. Went to the change machine and of course the hopper was empty! Damn!
I've only $3 in gold. Played two player with my son who has hardly ever played a pinball. 
The flippers seemed very underpowered and I couldn't get the ball anywhere near the top of the playfield and quickly drained down the left side.
Damn! This was turning out to be a very bad day.
To top it all off, My son beat me by over 500,000 points !@)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Terrible day at Sea World
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 10:40:41 PM »
Sorry - but I learned a long time ago to avoid shitholes like that!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 10:46:54 PM »
Sorry - but I learned a long time ago to avoid shitholes like that!

Especially on school holidays.    Took a holiday to queensland one holidays cost me twice as much and couldnt do a thing because of all the people.. So now i go in february for 2 weeks for the same price as 1 and no queing  $#$

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 11:47:43 AM »
Yep, definately have to do em mid week and definately not in school hols, or you end up standing waiting for a lousy ride all day burning your ass off in the sun  *!@

Offline FirePower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 12:31:14 PM »
Many years ago I went to Euro-disney in Paris.  It was great fun and not that crowded, I don't think the Frenchies really liked the Americanisation of it all. I had a two day pass and one day must have been a weekend as there were many more people than the first day.  The interesting thing to me was the way they had different setups to arrange the entry queing based on how long the que was and also they ran the rides that you travelled on conveyor style things at different speeds to suit numbers.  It was also pretty funny to see Smith Family Robinson tropical island with snow on it.

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 12:00:59 AM »
If you are going to attend a theme park during the school holidays then go on New Year's day. The crowds and hence the lines are greatly reduced.

So far we have attended Dream World (2006) and Movie World (2010) on New Year's day and have not been disappointed. We were up in Toowoomba for Christmas both times.