Author Topic: Quality replacement cabinet decals for FT?  (Read 211 times)

Offline swampy76

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
Quality replacement cabinet decals for FT?
« on: January 13, 2010, 05:47:55 PM »
G'day chaps!!

The playfield and inside of my FT is looking a million dollars after a few arvo's in the shed....now it's time to fix up the outside.  ^&^

After making some inquiries about replacement cabinet decals for my FT, it's proving to be harder than I thought.

Does anyone know a reputable dealer (OZ or US) than can sell me a good (silk screened?) quality set of replacement decals for the FT? A lot of responses are as follows: 'nope, don't do cab art' or 'nope, not touching cab art with a ten foot pole' or words to that effect. I know Mr Pinball in Vic does printed artwork that I'm told is good quality. Any stories, experiences. I'm hearing stories of inferior quality printed versions that fade quickly....don't want to get caught out.

Can anyone assist the 'cab art' uneducated?

Thanks

Offline daics3522

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
1up Promotions provide all your promotional items... from keyrings to banners to stubby coolers etc, etc..... Anything you need just PM.... (website coming soon)

Offline swampy76

• Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
Re: Quality replacement cabinet decals for FT?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 06:11:45 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 06:12:37 PM »
I've always gotten my cab art from IPB.  As far as I know they are all silk screened and certainly licenced.

http://www.illinoispinball.com/oscommerce/product_info.php?cPath=62&products_id=1330

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 06:17:04 PM »
I'm hearing stories of inferior quality printed versions that fade quickly....don't want to get caught out.

Absolutely NO reason for this to be happening at all... the print would be as good as the original file size.. put it this way - you need a LARGE file to get good quality prints the size of a pinball cabinet... as for fading - tut tut.... each print SHOULD be laminated in UV resistant clear... makes it much easier to apply as the print is nice and thick etc, plus it prevents fade etc...