Author Topic: JUST ORDERED THIS MACHINE TO MAKE THE 6 PIECE SET !  (Read 488 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
JUST ORDERED THIS MACHINE TO MAKE THE 6 PIECE SET !
« on: February 08, 2010, 01:05:11 AM »
I just ordered the 6th 1997 Machine to make up the 6 machine set from Sega. Have u guys seen these before. I have not heard of anyone else who has the entire set ? but i thought, why not. I think having all 6 side by side will look great. I am hoping visitors and all pinheads who will play my machines will enjoy the 6 machine set.

These machines are very unique and are described by me and many enthusiasts as the "Sega Concave Set".
I already have purchased/collected 5 of the 6 machines in the last 12 months, but just purchased the last machine I needed from Mark C to finalise the set.

I have worked long and hard to collect these rare machines and find them ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT to play. Each machine is a keeper and i will never sell them.
They are all 1997 models, except Viper Night Drivin which is 1998.
Sega had a good year with more than 7 machines released in a 12 month period. If u havent seen what makes up the 6 piece set, have a look, all the machines look great and are so much fun to play and look at. Great looking designs in my opinion. As the pinball machine Industry was coming to an end, I feel SEGA did a great job and all machines are great quality and mostly very very low production numbers.

Info on each below. ENJOY.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4341&picno=3729&zoom=1   STARSHIP TROOPERS 1997

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3879&picno=3361&zoom=1      SPACEJAM 1997

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4054&picno=3365&zoom=1      STAR WARS TRILOGY 1997

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4137&picno=3369&zoom=1    THE X-FILES 1997

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4359&picno=3372&zoom=1   VIPER NIGHT DRIVIN

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4136&picno=3367&zoom=    JURRASSIC PARK-THE LOST WORLD 1997 (THIS I JUST BOUGHT FROM MARK C TO MAKE THE SET)

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 01:08:50 AM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline RaptorLawyer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • Sekured custom sneakers
Re: JUST ORDERED THIS MACHINE TO MAKE THE 6 PIECE SET !
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 03:42:25 AM »
Congrats on completing the set mate.

I know a couple of those machines get a fair beating by some 'pureists' but theres at least 4 there i'd love to own!! Sega did have a nac for getting some pretty cool licenses if i dont say so myself.

Enjoy them, and i'll have to find an excuse to come up to QLD and accidentily swing by your place to play them!  <.>

Kill each-other nicely please.

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 07:37:16 AM »
I'd like to hear some examples of what is great about Space Jam.

It is not terribly desirable in the states, but I don't know a lot of guys who have played them much, and have only played the game once and it was an auction game that didn't work completely.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 07:54:10 AM »
Nice work, must be very satisfying to complete the set.

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 02:47:48 PM »
Good work mate,

You're now probably the only collector in Australia who own's the complete set of Sega concaves, well done ^^^
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 05:07:54 PM »
I'd like to hear some examples of what is great about Space Jam.

It is not terribly desirable in the states, but I don't know a lot of guys who have played them much, and have only played the game once and it was an auction game that didn't work completely.

Spacejam flows very well. Polish the playfield and it is a fast game. All of the Looney tunes characters voices (bugs bunny, tasmanian devil, tweety bird, porky pig etc etc)  and the dot matrix videos/pictures of them makes it a fun game. The large orange basketball on the playfield is unique and when all the globes n rubbers are done, the machine is great.
Overall, a great fun game. The thing to remember i think about any pinball machine, is NOT to compare it. I say that because it takes away from the "new experience" that playing the new machine brings. Every time i play Spacejam i think it is a fun game.It flows well. The magnetised basket ball hoop shot with the playfield magnet that holds the ball in the air is great, the various modes are many. THE MORE YOU PLAY ANY MACHINE, THE MORE U LEARN ABOUT IT. THE MORE YOU LEARN ABOUT IT, THE MORE FUN YOU HAVE PLAYING IT.  ^^^

I find alot of people never give alot of new machines a chance. One or two games is not enough to make a fair opinion.

I have bought all 25 plus machines for one reason and one reason only, to give any pinball player the most varied and the most entertaining pinball experience they can ever have. When i finish up with 50 machines, i hope to have a big meet and see lots of people say "I am glad i played that machine, it was a blast, Its nothing like i had been told, that machine was fun and i wouldnt mind one of them".  EVERY PINBALL MACHINE IS A BLAST.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 05:17:50 PM »
Very tempting to give a couple of exceptions, but I won't!!!

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 06:16:55 PM »
I agree, pins should be fun, and I've never found a pin I couldn't enjoy. Some more than others.. but so is life.

One of the biggest issues around here is the number of 'cookie cutter' collections - seems everyone has an AFM, everyone has FH, everyone has a TAF. Lots of people get games because they are 'cool' based on what they have heard - but it's rare that you find someone who put the care into a sleeper of a game that nobody else has played etc.

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 06:21:36 PM »
hey john

what exactly is a cookie cutter collection?? !@#, is this a US term??
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 07:15:07 PM »
I have heard the term used in Australia.

The idea is that if you use a cookie cutter, your cookies will all be exactly the same.

When applied as an analogy to a pinball line-up, it refers to collections that are all exactly alike. In this case, it is being used in a negative sense, really.

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 08:20:58 PM »
I loved the original Starship troopers movie (2 and 3 sucked), so would like to play the pin someday. Good game Cavey?

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 08:22:11 PM »
Nice one Brett any photos of the pins  $!&

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 08:50:58 PM »
opps  I got the wrong lost world ...... !@# !@# !@#

only kidding mate 

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 09:15:38 PM »
I loved the original Starship troopers movie (2 and 3 sucked), so would like to play the pin someday. Good game Cavey?

EB, STARSHIP TROOPERS IS A FRIGGIN BLAST. FAST N FURIOUS WITH THE BEST EVER SOUND TRACK. I might have to take a video.

ANT, photos of ALL of the collection all set up will be posted on the weekend coming.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 10:26:55 PM »
Talking of photos , I thinking on posting photos of all my pins on Picasa ,I've loaded up my MB and T2 and I will slowly do the rest .
Is there a section on this forum where you can post the link ?
Could be useful for other members or newbie?

Cheers Tony