Author Topic: Whitewater home rom  (Read 249 times)

Offline slammer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Bendigo Victoria
  • Aussie Pinball - No bullshit, just pinball
Whitewater home rom
« on: March 05, 2010, 11:34:59 PM »
Has anyone got the home rom for a Whitewater?

I would like to know the difference compared to the standard L1 rom.

Cheers Angelo

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
Re: Whitewater home rom
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 11:45:20 PM »
interesting???

i find ww boring after all the hype

i hope it is an improvement

drain magnet,or am i just a crap player?

mayebe i should learn the game play
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 11:52:01 PM »
Home ROM is way better IF you know the game rules.

Studley - it adds a Ball Save Timer just for you  *)*
It also adds a Hold Bonus feature which is vital to score the RIVER targets 6 times.
It gives quite a few other functions as well.

WELL worth obtaining #*#
DW Drums rule !

Offline slammer

• Forum Posts:
  • Bendigo Victoria
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 11:58:26 PM »
I just got mine going the other night, Had a flipper issue that stumped me.

When I bought the machine (project no goer), I managed to get it fired up after some main board reapirs and some lamp string faults.

I had a dead LHS flipper, checked it out, swapped from left to right, so the fault followed , the problem was with the flipper board!

Cool, do some more looking and see the the opto is hanging off the board, cracked.

So I get a new opto, match the e and e together from the opto to the flipper board, plug it in and as soon as I go to start a game, bang the flipper goes up, like the flipper board is shorted. Check everything 4 times, all good. Start to get very frustrated, so I remove the opto, and test, dead flipper again. So I thought f**k it, I will install the opto backwards, and surprise, surprise the flipper board now works perfectly. The flipper board was labeled incorrectly.....

So I have about 2 solid hours on the machine last night, then I smash the plunger link in half...

Anyway I get a plunger link from the local operator and have put another couple of hours on her tonight, all good.

Overall quite a quick flowing game and great theme.

Cheers Angelo

Offline slammer

• Forum Posts:
  • Bendigo Victoria
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 11:59:37 PM »
Cheers Wotto,

LED's arrived yesterday, banged them into a No Fear I have in the shed ATM, awesome!

Cheers Angelo

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 12:05:01 AM »
 ^&^glad its all good angelo but where do i get a home rom?,damien

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 12:12:37 AM »
 ^&^ ^&^ ^&^
p.s. what is the plunger link?

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 12:18:45 AM »
the ww home rom is avilable on the ipdb but you will need a eprom programmer to transfer the image to a rom (which i have)
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 01:22:46 PM »
Your chip was mailed today Damien. Best thing someone can do with a white water is put the home ROM in it!

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 04:34:28 PM »
These are the differences:
The LH-6 fixed a small very occasional reset problem from LH-5 when targets were hit too often in succession

Home Version LH-6:

New "Ball Save" feature added. This returns the ball to play if it is lost within the first few seconds of play (something not featured in earlier releases of software for this game). This feature can be adjusted from "Off", to anywhere from 1 to 10 seconds time. 3 seconds is the default value.
The timed "5X Playfield" (or "Five Times the Fun") mode now no longer counts down during the animation at the start of multiball. What this means is that if you are stacking (saving) multiball for the "5X Playfield" mode, you won't run down the timer of 5X while waiting for the multiball to start. More fun, more play, bigger points.
Score display now shows correct 5X scores for making two, three, four, and five-way combos during "5X" mode.
Bonus Hold feature now works! After collecting Bonus Hold, there will be an extra "held bonus" countdown sequence in the normal bonus countdown at the end of the next ball. If you're on your last ball of the game, you'll get the regular bonus and the held bonus at the same time. Held bonus is added after counting the hazards, boulders, and rafts, but before the bonus is multiplied. So stacking the held bonus with higher multipliers (river classes) gives you bigger points. And River classes (2X, 3X, etc) will now not reset if bonus is held.
New playfield lighting effects added during bonus countdown sequence.
New playfield lighting effects added during start of "Man Overboard" mode.
Bigfoot now occasionally "sympathizes" with you if you lose your last ball after having a good ball and scoring/playing well.
"Fade out" music added after game over/match sequence. The music plays for a little bit and then "fades out" like later model games do.
Occasional Bigfoot "scream" at game start, or addition of second, third, player, etc.
Occasional Bigfoot "scream" when the last ball drains through one of the outlanes.
High score initials will no longer reset if left/abandoned, and the mode times-out.
Vacation Planner status is no longer displayed during multiball modes.
Delay of about 1 second added to kickout from Lost Mine after No Way Out.
Playfield 10 point switches won't score points before the ball scores a main target or switch.
Bigfoot Hotfoot mode now correctly ends when game is tilted during mode.
Jet bumper values have now been corrected for multi-player games.
Bonus Hold value is now corrected for multi-player games.
Display effects added during bonus count mode.
Bonus Hold award added on successive ramp shots (6, 35, 65, 95).
River Class (bonus X) now no longer resets if bonus is held.
Camera Craze award is now awarded on loop shots.
Boomerang Bend right orbit shot is awarded if a slow ball exits through the Secret Passage. (Boomerang Bend hazard is awarded before Secret Passage is).
Total bonus display is now correctly shown in Status Report.
Bounce Back is correctly lit again at the start of multiball mode, even if Bounce Back is in the process of timing out.
Whirlpool Challenge display effects now show correct state when mode is started a second time during the same ball.
Ball kickback (Bounce Back) is now fired during the standard ball search mode.
Time remaining in modes (including 5X) are now paused while the ball is out of play, and during multiball start display/sound effects.
Grace period added for main multiball. Scoring a Jackpot during re-match will not cancel out the re-match.
Waterfall lights (on top of backbox) will now start again after a tilt occurs.
Game over lighting effects and music (fade-out) added at end of game.

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 05:49:54 PM »
thanks john and what an impresive list of game improvements it addresses
great value rom

sales@thatpinballplace.com
for all  your rom needs

Offline slammer

• Forum Posts:
  • Bendigo Victoria
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 09:03:37 PM »
These are the differences:
The LH-6 fixed a small very occasional reset problem from LH-5 when targets were hit too often in succession

Home Version LH-6:

New "Ball Save" feature added. This returns the ball to play if it is lost within the first few seconds of play (something not featured in earlier releases of software for this game). This feature can be adjusted from "Off", to anywhere from 1 to 10 seconds time. 3 seconds is the default value.
The timed "5X Playfield" (or "Five Times the Fun") mode now no longer counts down during the animation at the start of multiball. What this means is that if you are stacking (saving) multiball for the "5X Playfield" mode, you won't run down the timer of 5X while waiting for the multiball to start. More fun, more play, bigger points.
Score display now shows correct 5X scores for making two, three, four, and five-way combos during "5X" mode.
Bonus Hold feature now works! After collecting Bonus Hold, there will be an extra "held bonus" countdown sequence in the normal bonus countdown at the end of the next ball. If you're on your last ball of the game, you'll get the regular bonus and the held bonus at the same time. Held bonus is added after counting the hazards, boulders, and rafts, but before the bonus is multiplied. So stacking the held bonus with higher multipliers (river classes) gives you bigger points. And River classes (2X, 3X, etc) will now not reset if bonus is held.
New playfield lighting effects added during bonus countdown sequence.
New playfield lighting effects added during start of "Man Overboard" mode.
Bigfoot now occasionally "sympathizes" with you if you lose your last ball after having a good ball and scoring/playing well.
"Fade out" music added after game over/match sequence. The music plays for a little bit and then "fades out" like later model games do.
Occasional Bigfoot "scream" at game start, or addition of second, third, player, etc.
Occasional Bigfoot "scream" when the last ball drains through one of the outlanes.
High score initials will no longer reset if left/abandoned, and the mode times-out.
Vacation Planner status is no longer displayed during multiball modes.
Delay of about 1 second added to kickout from Lost Mine after No Way Out.
Playfield 10 point switches won't score points before the ball scores a main target or switch.
Bigfoot Hotfoot mode now correctly ends when game is tilted during mode.
Jet bumper values have now been corrected for multi-player games.
Bonus Hold value is now corrected for multi-player games.
Display effects added during bonus count mode.
Bonus Hold award added on successive ramp shots (6, 35, 65, 95).
River Class (bonus X) now no longer resets if bonus is held.
Camera Craze award is now awarded on loop shots.
Boomerang Bend right orbit shot is awarded if a slow ball exits through the Secret Passage. (Boomerang Bend hazard is awarded before Secret Passage is).
Total bonus display is now correctly shown in Status Report.
Bounce Back is correctly lit again at the start of multiball mode, even if Bounce Back is in the process of timing out.
Whirlpool Challenge display effects now show correct state when mode is started a second time during the same ball.
Ball kickback (Bounce Back) is now fired during the standard ball search mode.
Time remaining in modes (including 5X) are now paused while the ball is out of play, and during multiball start display/sound effects.
Grace period added for main multiball. Scoring a Jackpot during re-match will not cancel out the re-match.
Waterfall lights (on top of backbox) will now start again after a tilt occurs.
Game over lighting effects and music (fade-out) added at end of game.

Thanks KTM, that sums it up quite nicely!