Author Topic: Power Requirements  (Read 250 times)

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
Power Requirements
« on: March 07, 2010, 03:08:20 PM »
Hi Guys,

Ive only got 3 EM's right now but am hoping to keep adding to the collection which will at least take up one wall of the garage (negotiations with the wife to add more than that but cross that bridge when we come to it). Now i dont have any powerpoints at the moment but want to know what i need to get so i can power up all my machines at the same time.

Any advice is appreciated including need for surge protecters  !@# how many powerpoints? any other requirements.

Thanks!

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Re: Power Requirements
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 04:26:26 PM »
do it rollerball style..........

I am sure alot of us piggy-back powerboards  :lol

Offline FirePower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 05:29:40 PM »
No problems with the load - an EM draws about 150W, so far less than an amp.  A standard power point should not supply more than 10A so you are fine for at least another 7 machines just by using more power boards.   Problems with you wife may be another matter.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 05:43:03 PM »
No problems with the load - an EM draws about 150W, so far less than an amp.  A standard power point should not supply more than 10A so you are fine for at least another 7 machines just by using more power boards.   Problems with you wife may be another matter.

When you work out the second part of the problem be sure to let us all know.

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 07:40:55 PM »
My missus loves pins!, she acts like she doesnt because she knows they can be so expensive. If i add to the collection slowly, im sure i will be able to sill both garages with pins!  $#$

So based on the info above, im only gonna need to put one or 2 powerpoints in for convenience! easy!

Thanks guys!

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 08:20:23 PM »
Ive got 10 machines running off one double power point.. this was a single till i changed it over.
From memory - you are allowed 8 outlets on one circuit breaker... odd thing is that it is quite legal to have all these as 4 way sockets... then you run multi socket boards etc... your whole mains supply runs on the assumption that at no point do have everything cranking at full wack at one given point in time. Ive had parties ehere with every machine running, plus a smoke machine plus an oil wheel plus TV and PS2 etc... has never tripped yet

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 08:55:54 PM »
My shed has 32 power points and it never seems to be enough but the only way i can trip the breaker is by switching all 8 pinballs, mame macines and jukeboxes on at the same time with my isolation switch.

Only ever happens after a big night on the piss when im to pissed to turn everything of one by one  %.%