Author Topic: Firepower Home ROM ??  (Read 197 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Firepower Home ROM ??
« on: March 14, 2010, 11:51:13 AM »
Anyone running any of these?

http://www.pinball4you.ch/okaegi/pro_soft.html

Some of the mods sound very interesting, particularly the awards during multiball.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline FirePower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Re: Firepower Home ROM ??
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 07:06:50 PM »
I've never bothered - I can't see myself needing 7 digits, my highscore to date is 860,000 with five balls and A LOT of games to get it  !@)   If I ever get 980 odd I'm tilting.

It does seem harsh to me that if you get multiball and then hit the six centre target arrows again you only enable one lock, so that part of the mod sounds good.  I've never had two mulitballs in the one game, best I've done is a multiball then lock two balls.

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 10:48:05 AM »
Interesting game mods , but I'm not good enough with the standard game rom either , as yet anyway
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 07:50:50 PM »
I've never bothered - I can't see myself needing 7 digits, my highscore to date is 860,000 with five balls and A LOT of games to get it  !@)   If I ever get 980 odd I'm tilting.

It does seem harsh to me that if you get multiball and then hit the six centre target arrows again you only enable one lock, so that part of the mod sounds good.  I've never had two mulitballs in the one game, best I've done is a multiball then lock two balls.

Kind of agree, I find the balls drain really quick in multiball on this game - quicker than any other (except maybe BH), and I wondered myself if I'd actually be able to  make use of the multiball mods so thought I'd see others thoughts.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 07:51:22 PM »
Interesting game mods , but I'm not good enough with the standard game rom either , as yet anyway

lol, keep practising!!

Offline FirePower

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 01:48:31 PM »

Kind of agree, I find the balls drain really quick in multiball on this game - quicker than any other (except maybe BH), and I wondered myself if I'd actually be able to  make use of the multiball mods so thought I'd see others thoughts.

When I get multiball I just bash away like a crazy demented mad thing and very typically loose balls rapidly.  the only technique I try is to get the balls as high up the playfield as possible to delay the inevitable.  The other day someone posted a link to a few videos with some whiz playing and he used a technique where with more than one ball in play he retained one ball on/in the activated flipper so there was less action on the playfield. Thought I might try to muck around with this, but I don't predict any dramatic increase in scores!

The other mod that was interesting in the home rom was the ten seconds of spinner light up after ball launch - you'd have to be pretty lucky to get through the fire lanes and bumpers and then have a very fast and accurate return shot to get through the spinner in the allocated ten seconds!