Author Topic: WPC95 - disabling audio in 'credit' mode?  (Read 994 times)

Offline andrew (nob)

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
WPC95 - disabling audio in 'credit' mode?
« on: March 23, 2010, 02:18:29 PM »
I just put my first WPC95 (No good Gofers) on location at my local pub & they were complaining that it plays audio when the game has credits, but nobody is playing.

Attract mode audio and sound is definitely off, and i cant see any options in the menus to turn off audio in 'credit mode'.

Does anyone have any idea if it is possible to also disable this option? I think they'll want me to swap it over if i cant turn it off.

andrew

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
Re: WPC95 - disabling audio in 'credit' mode?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 03:00:30 PM »
If attract mode is off, sounds like people are walking away from the machine mid game.

No way around that besides figuring out why people are walking away from the machine.

Offline andrew (nob)

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 04:15:25 PM »
If attract mode is off, sounds like people are walking away from the machine mid game.

No way around that besides figuring out why people are walking away from the machine.

That was my suspicion, but i thought i'd just see if anyone knew of any changes in the WPC95 logic.

andrew

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 05:51:12 PM »
Mate,.. turn on the "timed plunger"  set it to 30sec's or so,will kick ball on to playfield and end game if no-one there   ^^^

Offline andrew (nob)

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 12:16:10 AM »
I sussed it out this evening and it definitely wasn't doing audio in attract mode. It is louder than the FT I had in there, so i lowered the audio to 5. Hopefully the guy who THINKS he owns the pub will be happy enough.

I'm not a fan of timed plungers as they kick in when you go for a beer!

andrew

Marty Machine

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 12:02:06 AM »
Wow this was a while ago.....

Anyhoo, going hi-tech, there will be a signal somewhere on the MPU board that will toggle when in attract mode.

You could bring that signal out to a small driver transistor to drive a relay, then wire the relay contacts inline with 1 of the speaker wires.
This will simply cut the speaker off during attract mode, and turn it back on during play mode.

MM.