Author Topic: Whirlwind, opinions please  (Read 372 times)

Offline pinmadd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Whirlwind, opinions please
« on: April 18, 2010, 09:14:29 AM »
Hi all,I may have bought 1 but have only played it on my psp (williams collection)
Interested on other members thought's on this pin,
Looks good to me,i love Pat's designs,i have 4 already FG,NGG,TAF,TZ

Thanks in advance  ^^^

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: Whirlwind, opinions please
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 09:22:36 AM »
I remember playing this in its day and it was a fun title. Nothing overly deep, but enough happening to keep you interested. The spinning disks feature adds a certain randomness to the game.

To my mind it would be well worth the investment.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 09:27:26 AM »
There's a lot in this game that reminds me of Funhouse (PL's best IMO). Fun theme, and some nice shots, although I'm not all that much of a fan of the spinning disks - like magnets, I find them a little too much randomisation - slings and pops are enough be me. Fun game, there's some things about the lay out that are reminiscent of PL designs, you'll pronbably like it with your collection.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 11:45:59 AM »
There's a lot in this game that reminds me of Funhouse (PL's best IMO). Fun theme, and some nice shots, although I'm not all that much of a fan of the spinning disks - like magnets, I find them a little too much randomisation - slings and pops are enough be me. Fun game, there's some things about the lay out that are reminiscent of PL designs, you'll pronbably like it with your collection.

If pops are enough for you Nick then this game has plenty of...  #*#

6 to be exact. This is one of the reasons i enjoy this game plus the typical PL loop shot that ends at the pops...  ^^^

Fun game but would need to be in a medium to large collection IMO.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 05:34:48 PM by Pinfan »
Some people have big HEADS !

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 12:32:20 PM »
I know of a serious collector who has one and enjoys it a lot.  I'm yet to play his though.. !!!

I've played it a couple of times at MarkC's and I enjoyed it.  Agree that it would need to have a couple of pins either side to keep it company.

Other good things:

CPR repro playfields = YES
New cabinet decals available locally = YES

Certainly ticks a few boxes for me.  I guess it all comes down to price.

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 02:30:36 PM »
Well i have bought it,here's some pic's,will have to wait untill it get's down here  #*#

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 02:36:31 PM »
Great stuff, can you post a review of the game when you've had a few hours on it?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline indazone gav

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 03:49:21 PM »
Looks nice, could I ask what you paid?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 03:54:57 PM »
Looks nice, could I ask what you paid?

Mike is in NZ so might not be really relevant as pricing is quite different - games seem cheaper over there.

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 04:14:48 PM »
Not sure what they go for in Aus??? This one was reserve of $1800-buy now 2k $NZ, Knowing me i would be thinking about it all week and then get in a bidding war with someone at the last minute so hit the buynow,look's good in the photo's,There is another WW local but $3500 or buynow $4k,
Might have it down by the weekend,..?         IJ should be here thurs or friday  #*# Tooooooo many pin's!!!!!!   ^&^

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 05:11:42 PM »
Good one mike, I saw this too on trademe great deal.  ^^^

You must have the largest pin collection now in the south island mate, well done.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 07:39:52 PM »
Looks good!  Should go nicely in the collection.

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 06:01:41 AM »
Thanks everyone,
I have a mate that can't wait to play this pin,it's his fav on The Williams Collection,

Leon, I think Rob down in Dunners has 50+ pin's so i'm only half way there,lol   Really i'm only chasing after 1 or 2 more pin's  ^^^

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 08:12:33 AM »
Thanks everyone,
I have a mate that can't wait to play this pin,it's his fav on The Williams Collection,

I am sure you will enjoy it! I know I would.

Leon, I think Rob down in Dunners has 50+ pin's so i'm only half way there,lol   Really i'm only chasing after 1 or 2 more pin's  ^^^

Heh, heh, that's what they all say!!

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 05:37:51 PM »
Yeah I'm only chasing one or two more pins as well mike. Elvira & the party monsters is high on the list, went to a car show yesterday, time to start saving for a muscle car me thinks !@#

Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.