Author Topic: IP Networking and Connectivity Support in NuCore?  (Read 2877 times)

Offline Private Gimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Mackay, Queensland
  • Fix'n and play'n Pinball
IP Networking and Connectivity Support in NuCore?
« on: April 19, 2010, 11:15:27 PM »
Just wanting to know if IP Networking is available in the Nucore System like it was in the Pin2000 system (albeit primative).
If so, does it get around the Pin2000 Limitation (XINA) of the SMC 8416T specific ISA card and if any modern NIC cards (PCI etc) could allow access to the Xina Command Shell
and if tournament server support is still possible with Nucore?
Great system I intend to get into shortly.

Kind regards,
Cliff

Offline Chuck

• Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
Re: IP Networking and Connectivity Support in NuCore?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 12:10:40 PM »
Just wanting to know if IP Networking is available in the Nucore System like it was in the Pin2000 system (albeit primative).
If so, does it get around the Pin2000 Limitation (XINA) of the SMC 8416T specific ISA card and if any modern NIC cards (PCI etc) could allow access to the Xina Command Shell
and if tournament server support is still possible with Nucore?
Great system I intend to get into shortly.

Kind regards,
Cliff

Funny you should ask Cliff. Don and I have been working on that code. We are trying to work out the bugs in our emulation of the SMC card. once that's done the rest is relatively simple. Our intent is to support any NIC supported by linux so you won't need a special card. We also plan to fix a number of the issues with trying to get it to work on the original machine. WMS never intended for the code to work over the internet, just a LAN. When we are done (hopefully soon) you'll be able to connect to tourney servers anywhere in the world without hacking into routers and without the SMC NIC. Once we have it working I will let everyone know.

Offline Private Gimp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Mackay, Queensland
  • Fix'n and play'n Pinball
Re: IP Networking and Connectivity Support in NuCore?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 07:18:37 PM »
Thanks Chuck for the info. Was wondering about this.
Will await an update and good luck with this bit.

Kind regards,
Cliff

Offline Chuck

• Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
http://mypinballs.com/tournament/core/scores.jsp

The score on the bottom left (Don Weingarden) is my partners score from his Nucore box. Stock network card, standard router setup. Outbound data is working we have one small bug to fix with the inbound data and expect that to be fixed soon. It won't be long now ;-)