Author Topic: Just Played a niiiccccccceeeeeeeeeeeee TZ!  (Read 1848 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Just Played a niiiccccccceeeeeeeeeeeee TZ!
« on: December 21, 2008, 05:39:13 PM »
Just spent some quality pinball time over with Matt (ktm450), played Getaway HS2 for the first time in a long while, good fun game.

But I was there mainly to play his TZ, and remind myself why I sold mine. I remember now (no dis to the game, just not for me), but boy, those photos Matt posted don't do this game justice! A really nice example that Matt has brought back to its best (without the usual crap pimp-out these usually suffer from), excellent playfield, tricked up with some of Greg's ( www.rtbb.com.au ) colour post rubber, playing very well, almost perfectly set up. Very enjoyable!

Met his lovely partner who actually seems to have a bit of interest in his games (lucky guy!), and his little son who was way shy. That was until he saw my little green car as I was about to leave, and plucked up the courage to ask if he could sit in it. So I took him for a drive up the driveway (Matt's on a ***big*** block) so the drive was a few hundred metres. Left there having made a new little buddy!

Great days indeed! Thanks for the hospitality Matt.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Just Played a niiiccccccceeeeeeeeeeeee TZ!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 05:49:36 PM »

That TZ would have been nice to play, but sometimes when a pin looks that good, you feel guilty playing it.. You don't want a spec of dirt !

Great to see pinheads spending quality time PLAYING pinball and not sitting behind a keyboard  !^!
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 06:52:15 PM »
No worries at all Nick, you are more than welcome mate.  Great to catch up with you again. Look forward to next time  ^^^

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 09:45:11 AM »
I've always wanted a Getaway HS2-maybe one day..

Peter

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 11:32:58 AM »
It's a great game for times when you just feel like bashing a ball around without getting bogged down in deep rules.
Fast game play, nice loop shots, and whats not to like about a toy that accelerates the ball around a steel loop hovering over the playfield  &&
Good luck finding one Peter, they seem to go fairly cheap these days on ePay

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 11:48:02 AM »
Cool-yeah I'm abit of a car nut also so i just love the Turbo ball in the steel loop/is there issues or wear spots I should be aware of..

Ta Peter

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 11:58:23 AM »
Not really that I know of, the tunnel kickout saucer gets a little wear, and check around inserts as there are heaps of them, but as long as the balls are replaced regularly there should be no dramas (the supercharger can give the balls a bit of a hiding)