Author Topic: Anyone here done the CFTBL DMD panel tail-light mod?  (Read 1165 times)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Very cool,

I have the diecast 57 chevy ready to install on my CFTBL, but just don't know what to do... !@#

Wotto are you planning this mod to your creature??

Thanks for posting the vid daniel (ddtoys), very cool indeed  ^^^
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
OK Beaky - here ya go.

I want to run ......

21 x RED
1 x Yellow
9 x Blue.

I am more than happy for them to just come on when the game powers up - and stay on consistently.......no flashing/ scrolling etc , no having to work with game modes - JUST light up - thats it.

If you can please tell me what / where I need to put things in laymans terms as best as you can too please  #@#

And yes Daniel - lets see the Chev mate  *%*
i will draw it up for you in the next day or 2
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Beaky to the rescue again !  ^^^
Some people have big HEADS !

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Heres one link to a guy that did a LOT of work.
http://kansaspinball.com/dmdmod.htm

I am just talking about the red tail-lights and maybe lighting the drive in sign ( solid - not flashing )
Curious as to where I would 'power' it all up to so that they were on solid when the game was turned on !@#

i use the regulated 5 volts or 12 volts off the power supply (the quantity & colur of the leds will determine what voltage & what value resistor or resistors you use and how many you will wire in series )

just let me know how many leds you intend using and what colour and i will draw you up a diagram with resistor values and where to connect them.  ^^^

Great offer Beaky - thanks - I will come back here with that info over the next couple of days.

Cheers
one more question, are you using the 5mm leds or the 2.5mm leds?
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
DW Drums rule !

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
OK Beaky - here ya go.

I want to run ......

21 x RED
1 x Yellow
9 x Blue.

I am more than happy for them to just come on when the game powers up - and stay on consistently.......no flashing/ scrolling etc , no having to work with game modes - JUST light up - thats it.

If you can please tell me what / where I need to put things in laymans terms as best as you can too please  #@#

And yes Daniel - lets see the Chev mate  *%*
I have drawn resistor values (R) and voltage for your red & yellow leds, I can only asuume the forward voltage drop.
this will run them at 25ma.
i will draw the blue one up soon and give you directions on where to connect them.

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
here is the layout for your blue leds, again i can only assume foward voltage drop and agin this will run them at 25ma

I will look your pinball schematics tonight and let you know where to connect the leds
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 02:21:35 PM by beaky »

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
To get your 12volts dc you need to connect the GND (-) to pin 4 or 5 and the 12v (+) to pin 7 on the connector marked P1 on the dot matrix display.

the GND is black and the 12V + is grey with yellow dots (as per diagram)

hope this all helps.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Hi Beaky

MASSIVE thanks for these efforts - I will send U a PM re a coupke of details if thats cool  !@)

Again- thankyou

Wotto
DW Drums rule !

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Hi Beaky

MASSIVE thanks for these efforts - I will send U a PM re a coupke of details if thats cool  !@)

Again- thankyou

Wotto
no probs mate

Offline EricPinball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Braine l'alleud, Belgium
    • EricPinball Forum
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 07:51:17 AM by EricPinball »