Author Topic: Anyone here done the CFTBL DMD panel tail-light mod?  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Anyone here done the CFTBL DMD panel tail-light mod?
« on: May 18, 2010, 11:06:02 PM »
Just curious if any AP memers have done this ?
I have another 2+ weeks off work andf time on my hands  #@#
DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
wotto, if u have time on ya hands, fly up the gold coast, come n play some pins (theres a few here you can play) and any shopping or mods u feel the fleet could do with, u r welcome to do ! lol

lucky bugger, time off work, I wish.

The dam customers dont stop calling me. I need a holiday too. lol  ^^^ ^^^

p.s- can u post a link to the mod u are talking about ? any vids or pictures on youtube or anywhere, anyone ?  !@# !@# !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Heres one link to a guy that did a LOT of work.
http://kansaspinball.com/dmdmod.htm

I am just talking about the red tail-lights and maybe lighting the drive in sign ( solid - not flashing )
Curious as to where I would 'power' it all up to so that they were on solid when the game was turned on !@#

DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Beaky will study it probably and could give u an answer I am sure.

It looks like u have to be a rocket scientist to make all that work. Hell, it was hard work just reading it.

It does look great, but alot of work for someone who has not got a great bunch of know-how with electronics.

Get Hoopstar over for a beer Wotto !  ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Yeah I dont want to do all that circuit board building that the Kansas guy did , I am sure Hoopstar just made the tail-lights light up WITHOUT the need for all that extra stuff , but the link is dead and I cant see how Hoopster did it anymore.

I am guessing it will be similar to making the SS skull pile LED set up on a bigger scale and just finding the spot to get the power to the led string.

DW Drums rule !

Offline tonyt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
That mod looks real nice. Thinking about buying one of these for mine. Has anyone purchased one of these?

http://www.pinballdecals.com/CreatureModPage.html
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 11:56:05 PM by tonyt »

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic

I am just talking about the red tail-lights and maybe lighting the drive in sign ( solid - not flashing )
Curious as to where I would 'power' it all up to so that they were on solid when the game was turned on !@#

i use the regulated 5 volts or 12 volts off the power supply (the quantity & colur of the leds will determine what voltage & what value resistor or resistors you use and how many you will wire in series )

just let me know how many leds you intend using and what colour and i will draw you up a diagram with resistor values and where to connect them.  ^^^
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria

That looks great, lot of work but the result is worth it, pop bumper mod also looks good
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 10:16:00 AM by ktm450 »

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
Looks excellent. However, if you were at the drive-in watching a movie, why would you have your lights on?  %.%

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
Looks excellent. However, if you were at the drive-in watching a movie, why would you have your lights on?  %.%

Does look good,if i had one i would dol it.

Ps who goes to the drive-ins to watch movies anyway. %.%
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia

i use the regulated 5 volts or 12 volts off the power supply (the quantity & colur of the leds will determine what voltage & what value resistor or resistors you use and how many you will wire in series )

just let me know how many leds you intend using and what colour and i will draw you up a diagram with resistor values and where to connect them.  ^^^

Great offer Beaky - thanks - I will come back here with that info over the next couple of days.

Cheers
DW Drums rule !

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Ill be watching with interest Wotto.    Ive made my own Car Mod with a 57 chev ill post some pics if you want to see it

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
OK Beaky - here ya go.

I want to run ......

21 x RED
1 x Yellow
9 x Blue.

I am more than happy for them to just come on when the game powers up - and stay on consistently.......no flashing/ scrolling etc , no having to work with game modes - JUST light up - thats it.

If you can please tell me what / where I need to put things in laymans terms as best as you can too please  #@#

And yes Daniel - lets see the Chev mate  *%*
DW Drums rule !

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Here you go wotto.   

Or the Link to the thread  http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=4502.0

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials: