Author Topic: Drop A Card ....  (Read 270 times)

mark jackson

• Trade Count: (0)
Drop A Card ....
« on: May 27, 2010, 07:28:25 PM »
Hi Pinball Lovers, ...Thanks to you who helped me solve my scoring and alternating relay problems. All was great until .... I noticed that all of a sudden the free games would not count down when I hit the free game button. ... Then the whole replay button was non active. It still worked from the coin switch. I checked a few things as per Hank De Jager's pinball book, and got it to this point....The replay button works as in it starts the game, but the free game wheel stays the same. That is it doesn't go back one number. I checked the replay subtract coil and it seems fine.
  ........... Any ideas on how I can fix this annoying problem?? Thanks, Mark

Offline oldpins

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane North QLD
    • oldpinballs.com
Re: Drop A Card ....
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 10:10:15 AM »
Here's a test light I made to troubleshoot any EM circuits and found it to better to use than a multimeter.

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=4556.0

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 10:13:21 AM »
I assume you have already overhauled the stepper ? I've had similar problems before but an overhaul has always fixed it.

Cheers
Dave
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 01:59:21 PM »

Check the coin switch on the door ? Make sure it is not closed or the coin lock out actuator is not shorting to the coin switch.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

mark jackson

Re: Drop A Card .... Subtract replay problem
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 08:23:48 PM »
Hi All, ... Thanks for the suggestions. So far I've checked the front door, the Motor switch, the reset relay/s, and the free game unit switches. ... Still got the same problem ... it adds the replays fine, but will not subtract them when you press the free game button. The free game button starts the game just fine. ... I'll keep at it, Mark

Offline justwedgeheads

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 09:18:47 PM »
Hi Mark,
         I've got the schematic here.On the "subtract replay line"there seems to be the following switches.Zero position switch on replay unit,open(slate+white)wire.......W relay normally closed switch(black+red)wire...,open switch on S relay(Blue +red).....motor switch 2C open(blue+red)......motor switch 1A open(red with yellow tracer)
        Loose wire or poor solder joint maybe,dirty or not enough overwipe on switch.
                                    Good luck
                                       Ian

« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 09:30:06 PM by justwedgeheads »

Offline oldpins

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane North QLD
    • oldpinballs.com
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 04:18:42 PM »
As mentioned in previous post, it may be worth checking that the 'zero' position contacts are open when no credits displayed (zero credits). When displaying 1-15(max) credits the contacts will be closed which allows the subtract coil to operate.

GT

mark jackson

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 07:27:31 PM »
Thanks for that, ... I fixed it but I'm not sure how. ... I looked at the contacts and switches on the 1-5 ball unit, I cleaned and re-checked the extra chute relay, and also the pin that goes into the 2-5 games selector for the 2nd chute. ..... Somewhere in that lot I must have got lucky. I appreciate your help and ideas. Mark