Author Topic: "See thru" EM - great clip  (Read 2021 times)

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
"See thru" EM - great clip
« on: June 22, 2010, 10:37:27 PM »
I love this clip of a "see thru" EM being played. anyone guess what the machine is?

Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline cardwhiz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth,wa
Re: "See thru" EM - great clip
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 12:43:31 PM »
I love this clip of a "see thru" EM being played. anyone guess what the machine is?

surf champ...seen this a while ago

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 09:52:52 PM »
Seen awhile back, beautiful machine, great project for someone who has an old game with a trashed PF and missing BG. Would be a massive undertaking to make it look so good

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 10:10:57 PM »
Would weigh a ton also... 10mm clear is HEAVY! It also scratches real easy.. so kid gloves at all times

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 10:30:16 PM »
I want one in my collection one day  ()
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 01:29:11 PM »

The amount of work that went into this project would be astounding. EVERYTHING would need to be cleaned, all the screwholes under the playfield would have to be pre drilled. Little things like that would take so much time, and no mistakes could be hidden from view.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 05:44:17 PM »

The amount of work that went into this project would be astounding. EVERYTHING would need to be cleaned, all the screwholes under the playfield would have to be pre drilled. Little things like that would take so much time, and no mistakes could be hidden from view.

Predrilled and tapped mate... real easy to crack open acrylic by expecting a screw to force into it.
Youd pretty much have to vectorise the whole machine first and have cut on a CNC router, or if you have a laser cutter big enough, this would give lovely clear edges also.
Making one of these is a huge undertaking... but yes.. it sure does look friggin cool!

Maybe Cavey should email the guy and ask if he can see where the dreaded black dust comes from

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 06:24:50 PM »

Predrilled and tapped mate... real easy to crack open acrylic by expecting a screw to force into it.
Youd pretty much have to vectorise the whole machine first and have cut on a CNC router, or if you have a laser cutter big enough, this would give lovely clear edges also.
Making one of these is a huge undertaking... but yes.. it sure does look friggin cool!

Maybe Cavey should email the guy and ask if he can see where the dreaded black dust comes from

These are the 1%ers - Imagine if you didn't pre drill and cracked the playfield  !!!
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 10:36:32 PM »
Could you imagine STERN doing an EM today with all the features they currently are putting in their machines... of course digital sound and displays are out of the question but what about toys?
They could make an Ice or clear version just like this video! #*#
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!