Author Topic: kings and queens  (Read 3734 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: kings and queens
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2011, 04:22:26 PM »
this look like some of what your after?

mark jackson

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2011, 09:12:24 PM »
That looks fantastic Daniel. Could you pm me a few details ... I see that there's the banana piece, and a 5 ball push up mech, and a plunger???

Regarding the rails, ... would you also have the plastic insert pieces that are actually the 'runner/s' for the p'field glass?  .......... what about the Left and Right metal towards the back (inside of cab) which the playfield sits on when pulling it up to look at things...they're long sort of funny 'M' shaped affairs (L & R)??

Thanks for getting back so quick .... Regards, Mark

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2011, 10:24:15 PM »
Hi Mark
        Yes I have the plastic glass channel  &&

I'm sure I also have the m shaped things but will have to dig much deeper to find them (if they are still there).   If not these can easily be made from angle iron cut into shape until originals can be found.   Checked Out ipdb and noticed I've found the wrong shooter plate will take a look for the one you need tomorrow if I remember.

I definately don't have the playfield latch thing I'd remember that monstrosity sitting around the garden shed lol

If you don't hear from me tomorrow please shoot me a reminder to much shot going on at the moment.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2011, 11:49:25 PM »

If you have part numbers, PBR may be able to help ?

I do have some pall lift assemblies - i'll have a look for you on the weekend, Mark.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

mark jackson

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2011, 03:14:12 PM »
thank you kindly. I still have to wait a week or so for the cabinet?? but the offer to help is fantastic. At present things are going very slowly, as I'm waiting also for the arch metal to come back from the chromers. I've redone the apron (using the transfer that Pinball Rescue offer), but will not put it on until I do the arch metal at the top. When I do this, I'll put on the wooden framing piece (RHS). Then it will be time to put apron on. That should just about finish the playfield, except for the p'field plastics which will hopefully be done soon by Pinball Rescue. There's not too much to do with pinball restoration that doesn't involve lots of time .... either in the work required or the waiting time for some parts etc. I've actually spent more time trying to find a cabinet than it took to build the whole head!!!

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2011, 04:46:13 PM »
There's not too much to do with pinball restoration that doesn't involve lots of time .... either in the work required or the waiting time for some parts etc. I've actually spent more time trying to find a cabinet than it took to build the whole head!!!

Not to mention patience and persistence eh Mark.

Amazing job you have done so far  ^^^
I need more room ! and more $$$

mark jackson

« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2011, 07:33:28 PM »
I'll try some pics of the Apron. I used the decal from Pinball Rescue. I 've done this now three different times and it's a great product. I also put mylar on the surfaces where the ball travels. This will prevent any further wear and tear on this part of the machine, and be easy to clean too. ... Metal got primer and then spray can of 'appliance white'.

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2011, 09:13:23 PM »
Apron looks great Mark . I've used the Pinball Rescue decals a couple of times now and agree they are a great product.
Good idea re the mylar .. hadn't thought of doing that .

I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2011, 09:47:04 PM »
I'll try some pics of the Apron. I used the decal from Pinball Rescue. I 've done this now three different times and it's a great product. I also put mylar on the surfaces where the ball travels. This will prevent any further wear and tear on this part of the machine, and be easy to clean too. ... Metal got primer and then spray can of 'appliance white'.
Great idea with the mylar.
I've used them on drop targets before but not on the apron.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2011, 10:01:51 PM »
Nice work on the apron Mark....     Guess what????   I forgot to look for the playfield brackets  *!@

I will forget again hopefully not but if you could send me a PM on tuesday or wednesday to remind my

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2011, 11:05:20 PM »
thank you kindly. I still have to wait a week or so for the cabinet?? but the offer to help is fantastic. At present things are going very slowly, as I'm waiting also for the arch metal to come back from the chromers. I've redone the apron (using the transfer that Pinball Rescue offer), but will not put it on until I do the arch metal at the top. When I do this, I'll put on the wooden framing piece (RHS). Then it will be time to put apron on. That should just about finish the playfield, except for the p'field plastics which will hopefully be done soon by Pinball Rescue. There's not too much to do with pinball restoration that doesn't involve lots of time .... either in the work required or the waiting time for some parts etc. I've actually spent more time trying to find a cabinet than it took to build the whole head!!!

Hope you dont mind me asking but what was the price on rechroming ? .
pinballaustralia.com

mark jackson

« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2011, 09:06:56 PM »
I haven't paid the bill yet but it won't be less than $200. .... This is for one top arch piece, with the two short straight bits (where the screws pass through)...also for the small ball stopper metal piece and the piece where the ball leaves the firing lane and enters the p'field. ... Nino gave me these parts and what with the price of the chrome they still don't wind up cheap....but hey, isn't that the way of it in pinball restoration land. The other rub is that so far the firm I gave them to has had the parts for over 2 months!! My patience wears thin on this as it's been too long. I love firms that invite you to leave a message and then seldom if ever return the call.

mark jackson

« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2011, 12:21:57 AM »
A pic or two???

mark jackson

« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2011, 12:26:55 AM »
...the head from the 'original' K & Q. This is why I'm re-painting this head too.

mark jackson

« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2011, 12:30:10 AM »
the metal parts Nino kindly gave me, after they came back from getting worked on.