Author Topic: Firepower Playfield up rebuild  (Read 5312 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Firepower Playfield up rebuild
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2010, 10:18:47 PM »

I spent the afternoon trying to get it playable everything now works except one flipper sticks occasionally but i dont want to install the brand new WPC style flippers until its been clear coated.

Thought everyone would get a laugh out of my handy work its ugly but it will work until the proper one arrives

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2010, 10:20:20 PM »
I also fitted LEDs to the inserts i did leave a few with standard globes as the leds just didnt cut it

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2010, 12:11:52 PM »
Fantastic to see you're now able to play it Daniel  #*#.
Bet you were happy to get a few games in, finally.
The led's look great . I must get around to buying and installing some Leds in mine.

Cheers
Dave
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2010, 12:30:22 PM »
Looking great daniel ^^^ but i dont remember firepower having a magnasave ^^^

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2010, 02:29:23 PM »
Looking great daniel ^^^ but i dont remember firepower having a magnasave ^^^

No magna save on firepower but not a bad idea might have to add one.    The apron will be painted when I paint the cabinet

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2010, 02:30:55 PM »
Fantastic to see you're now able to play it Daniel  #*#.
Bet you were happy to get a few games in, finally.
The led's look great . I must get around to buying and installing some Leds in mine.

Cheers
Dave

Was great to have  game finally I really enjoyed the drops don't rush into LEDs just yet it's having issues since I installed them

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2010, 05:51:04 PM »
Great work mate, coming along nicely *%*

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2010, 10:36:12 PM »
Well guys ive finally taken a bit of Me time tonight.   Since all the parties etc are finished for a while i decided to strip firepower ready for the Cab respray and playfied touch ups and clearcoat.     

Cabinet is pretty solid apart from the base at the very front being a bit loose and a spot on the backs a bit soft but nothing that cant be fixed.

Tim has offered me use of his shed to do the spraying of the cabinet and playfield as my shed really isnt suitable for spraying imagine the overspray on everything YUK

Well here is the stripped cab will pull out the sande next chance i get and rip that Flash old paintwork off

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2010, 10:41:46 PM »
And again Tim came to the Rescue and lent me his playfield rottiserie (Thanks mate)

Wast planning on stripping it tonight but as usual i got carried away all the inserts will need to be removed sanded and leveled as they are all cupped.   The playfield looks to be in pretty good condition a few wear spots but none bigger than a 20c coin and mainly in the black areas  @@*

I have not cleaned the playfield yet i did wipe the main area down for the meet a few weeks back but that all the cleaning its had im very happy so far

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2010, 11:31:31 PM »
We're gonna have to set that to a bit harder Daniel, and a bit steeper when you get it back together!!:)

Where did you get the stencils for the respray?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2010, 12:04:43 AM »
Yeah once it's rebuilt will definately be steeper than it was.   I have not got the stencils yet will order them when I order my insert decals from a guy in the US I think his name was Jeff something

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2010, 08:58:57 AM »
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out Daniel . Good luck .

I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline FirePower

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2010, 09:09:25 AM »
You do know that on the Firepower site there is artwork for the cab stencils?  I have no idea how you get them printed into something useable, but someone on the forum must know. There's a few of us with machines that could help with measurements to locate etc if that's any use.

If it's the Jeff from Classic Arcades good luck on trying to communicate with him.  Doesn't seem interested in answering emails - his loss as I was wanting to buy a single decal I needed, fair price and all. Would have bought the full set for the machine - drops, spinner etc if he'd combine shipping but since he didn't answer my email question and since I wasn't prepared to pay an extra ~US10 per item shipping he only sold the one I needed rather than the full set.   &^&

« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 09:17:57 AM by FirePower »

Offline thefasteddy69

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Southern Highlands
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2010, 11:43:23 AM »
Hi Daniel, Looks good and will be magic when done.

Also saw on the playfield on the planet near the RH sling there is some wear. I have the same spot on mine that will need some attention as well. A bit of a tricky spot with the shading etc. Not sure I should try painting or do an scan and then mylar over? !@#

Can I ask what your plans would be there?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2010, 12:33:39 PM »
Hi Daniel, Looks good and will be magic when done.

Also saw on the playfield on the planet near the RH sling there is some wear. I have the same spot on mine that will need some attention as well. A bit of a tricky spot with the shading etc. Not sure I should try painting or do an scan and then mylar over? !@#

Can I ask what your plans would be there?

Same boat here, be good if someone with a nice one had scanned the area and posted somewhere as that's common on all games. My plan was to scan the surrounding area if/when i ever got around to a rebuild of this game, and recreate a little overlay for the area.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”