Author Topic: Big Thanks To The Duckman and Mark-c  (Read 682 times)

Offline necroscope

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
Big Thanks To The Duckman and Mark-c
« on: August 08, 2010, 12:22:32 PM »
I just want to say a big thank you to mark-c and the boys for selling me my latest pin the big buck hunter,I have bought two pins off of mark and co and both times i have been down there i have had a great time trying the pins and they have put up with me and made me feel welcome,and the poor old duckman has had to make the drive out twice now and haul pins in and out of a difficult house with small doors with me being paranoid about getting a scratch on them,both times mark has done me a great deal.I couldnt help but notice the extra work they put into their pins and the secondhand pins i looked at all worked correctly and i reckon when buying second hand it's often the unseen things like the wiring harness is correct with no-hacks and all the little faults like micro's and shit ect ect.. at least when buying off of mark i know i dont have to worry about looking for faults like that as there are none,anyway the BBH is an awesome pin and is a blast to play,i couldnt believe how easy it was to update the game code via the usb even a newb like me could work it out,i made the mistake of waxing the playfield too much last night and now i'm getting a lot of airballs as it's lightning fast and i'm a bit worried i am going to smash the plastics  &^&  guess it's all part of the experience.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Big Thanks To The Duckman and Mark-c
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 12:37:10 PM »

Good stuff !

How about some pics  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 01:39:15 PM »
No worries strangeways  ()

here are the two i bought off of mark

and here is the one i bought elsewhere.and as you can see i'm getting a good education in just how many problems a pin can have  &^&

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 01:51:26 PM »
Well, it's hard to go wrong with a LOTR and certainly BBH has had some good press. There is some comfort in buying from a dealer who will back the machine up with some after-sales service.

Have you made any progress at all on the X-Files machine? Feel free to ask as many questions as you like because the guys on this forum love to help.

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 09:44:22 PM »
Noticed the LOTR LE - I added the shaker motor today, what a difference!
Bought from RTTB - has a few left
Makes the LOTR LE really special!

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 10:15:27 PM »
Ive been wondering about getting one of them,is there much work to do installing them?i take it they would be plug/n/play with a few bolts ect?

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 10:21:05 PM »
Man I'd love a NIB machine but funds and the wife won't let it happen-she thinks spending the money on the kids is more important *!@ oh well hope Sterns around after they have left home && How do you find BBH shooting the buck looks like fun?

Peter

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 10:25:16 PM »
Ive been wondering about getting one of them,is there much work to do installing them?i take it they would be plug/n/play with a few bolts ect?

see my reply

very easy

mark

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 10:30:54 PM »
Man I'd love a NIB machine but funds and the wife won't let it happen-she thinks spending the money on the kids is more important *!@ oh well hope Sterns around after they have left home && How do you find BBH shooting the buck looks like fun?

Peter

hi Peter

if you like you are more than welcome to pop over when the next new stern arrives and upack it and have first game
we had another member here who came over from SA with his Son and do that to iron man

I still get a buzz when we open new pins

damien and i went to ALbury to drop 2 off last week and we had a ball  , even fitted a shaker motor while there

mark

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 10:48:24 PM »
Easy install and remember the brown cable 1pin connects to a blue yellow cable 1pin at the rear of the cabinet so dont worry when you see the instructions say brown to brown.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 10:58:19 PM »
ITS A SHAME A THANKYOU THREAD HERE HAS BEEN HIJACKED LIKE THIS
but I guess thats whats some wanted to happen

Partly my fault; I did ask if he needed any more assistance with the X-Files. Certainly wasn't expecting verbal fisticuffs over it, and admittedly the X-Files and any help we can give it should be in another thread.

I was partly on-topic - see the bit about a dealer who backs up their machines with support!

Anyway, another happy MarkC customer, and yes, the thread should stand but if any posts are deemed off-topic enough the mods can always delete them or move them into a different (new) thread.

thanks mate

I never meant anything towards you re thread off topic

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 11:01:41 PM »

This thread is to stay on topic. Any mention of the "X-Files" pinball is to be referred HERE

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=4991.0

^&^

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 11:01:49 PM »

Peter

Hey pete i'm pretty lucky i had kids young and they are 17 and 19 now and i no longer have to pay the maintinence,as far as the big buck goes it's an awesome game and i reckon i was lucky to jag it as it was the last one mark had,most people complain about sterns and sega's being clunky but thats probably because most of them have small ramp and orbit entrances and they keep hitting the posts bbh has a wide ramp and wide orbits and doesnt have that clunky feel and yes mate the buck is heaps fun and with the new game code i updated last night heaps harder to hit.

mark i'm sorry this post turned into a slugfest..and shit happens ()

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 11:08:56 PM »

Peter

Hey pete i'm pretty lucky i had kids young and they are 17 and 19 now and i no longer have to pay the maintinence,as far as the big buck goes it's an awesome game and i reckon i was lucky to jag it as it was the last one mark had,most people complain about sterns and sega's being clunky but thats probably because most of them have small ramp and orbit entrances and they keep hitting the posts bbh has a wide ramp and wide orbits and doesnt have that clunky feel and yes mate the buck is heaps fun and with the new game code i updated last night heaps harder to hit.

mark i'm sorry this post turned into a slugfest..and shit happens ()

of the BBH i would guess there would be maybe 10 in Australia  , I had planned to keep this one but ..... 
anyways  thanks for the kind words Ben , you are always welcome at my place
wow you have kids 17 and 19  ... you dont look that old ...
I have 17 , 19  too   and finally spoke to my son this week gone
also have 3 and 5 .....

and its ok mate as you said shit happens , dont worry about it , i normally dont bite but ..
anyways  mate as i said you welcome anytime and enjoy the games , hope you fit those protectors alright and if we can be of any help
just call

mark

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 11:33:52 PM »
The first time I have heard about this complaint is on the forum. I have tried to contact you (necroscope) a couple of times via email to keep it private but you have choosen not to return my emails. You leave me no choice but to defend myself on a public forum.

Here are the facts

1.You purchased the Jackbot from me. You were a very happy customer.
2. A couple of months later was I approached by you to do a trade in. You then selected the data east Star Trek which was in nice condition. You then paid the difference of the purchase price of the Jackbot and the Star Trek List Price.
3. I followed it up two days later with a phone call asking if everything is ok and then was told you were unhappy because there was a mark on the playfield. I was suprised because I didn't realise it was there. I then offered you another pinball of the same value. I wanted you to come down and inspect the pinball that you were interested in.
4. You inspected the pinball and I offered you as much information as I knew about the machine. You looked at it for approx 30 minutes and seemed very happy with the machine before leaving.You were very thankfull that I did this for you and vowed never to buy a pinball from another dealer as no one will do this for you. We even set up another trade in deal.
5. I have again contacted you asking you the progress of the machine and was told that you are very happy and you like the machine.

Ben,  my channels of communication have always been opened.I don't know where all this has come from because I have treated you fairly and to the best of my ability.

Please understand that bringing in a container of pinballs is not an easy task. Anyone who has imported a container can tell you the amount of work involved and because this was my first, it is all a learning process. I have great techs and some volunteers who are all great in what they do and take pride in all the pinballs they work on.

Can this be re posted in the "X-Files" thread please, Oscar - so people can follow the flow of that discussion - it will be missed here. I will delete the posts here after you have done so.